Review of Now Is The Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Review of Now Is The Time

Post by Brenda Creech »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Now Is The Time" by Davis Holt Jr.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Now is The Time by Davis Holt Jr. is a powerful plea to our nation and the world to turn away from sin and return to our 'first love,' God. We are in a spiritual war and need to heed what is around us, read the Bible, and follow the instructions of Jesus. Man was created to serve God first and then serve the rest of God's creation. Davis stresses, "it is time to bring disobedience to an end." God is the creator, and we are the creation, and corruption destroys God's design. Like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, God gives us a choice. We can serve Him or serve the world around us. This book points out how God loves His creation and will not tolerate sin against it. When he speaks of 'creation,' the author isn't just speaking about the world around us; he also talks about humanity as we are also God's creation. Davis provides biblical Scripture to back up every point he makes. Reading this book will give you a greater understanding of the problems we are facing today.

Davis has written a plea to all nations that it is time to turn back to our first love, and he shares numerous biblical Scriptures to explain how they still apply to our lives today. He encourages the reader to read and study the Bible daily. Davis also shares his personal story of lies and betrayal by people he had worked with and counted as friends. It is a powerful testimony of what people will do to save themselves and what God can do if we are obedient to His word. This book gives direct instructions to believers and non-believers alike. The author never tries to sugarcoat what he is saying. He tells it as it is in God's Word. Now is The Time is not a book based on 'political correctness.' It reveals instructions from the Bible on salvation, love, obedience, service, and much more. Anyone looking for solutions to the spiritual war around us will benefit from this book.

What I liked most about this book was the author's transparency. He is not afraid to take a stand for what he believes in. He admits the things he has done wrong in his life. He also does not apologize for this book about salvation and serving God. Davis explains how we are the temple of God and how we are defiling the temple if we defile our own body. As he puts it, 'we are spiritual beings housed in fleshly bodies.' I love how open and forthright he is in saying what he believes. The message he is sending speaks to believers and non-believers alike.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the number of errors I found. Sometimes they were distracting to my reading. I don't believe the book had professional editing, but I hope the author will consider it. This book is too powerful to miss the mark because of errors.

Because the author was bold in his comments and used biblical Scripture to back them up, and because of his transparency about his own mistakes in life, and for his dynamic writing style, I am honored to give this book 3 out of 4 stars. This book is easily a 4-star read with a round of professional editing. Yes, this is a religious book, but it is suitable for everyone, regardless of spiritual affiliation, age thirteen and up.

Now Is The Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

As a Christian, I think this is a perfect book for me. Thank you for your honest review.
Kgopotso Khumalo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kgopotso Khumalo »

This book must be read by people who want to change their and who want to return to their first love which is God,I quite agree this is an honest review
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

As a believer the book would make a good collection in my bookshelve, I like the review reminding us about God.
Mmaduabuchi Eze
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmaduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mmaduabuchi Eze »

Now is the Time is a call for humanity to live a purpose-driven life as regards the essence of human creation and existence. I hope we heed to this call.
Catherine Chip
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Catherine Chip »

The book is nice for a believer...
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

Learned a lot about the book. I'm not into this genre that much so I'll skip this one. Thanks for the review.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

destipath247 wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 03:56 Now is the Time is a call for humanity to live a purpose-driven life as regards the essence of human creation and existence. I hope we heed to this call.
It would definitely be helpful if we did.
Mathews Panyako
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Mathews Panyako »

Now is The Time first reveals about the disobedience of human beings on the commandments of christ ;this is the beginning of all evils that happens in our Nations .Through this book we find and an urge to collectively bring to an end all of our doings that in one way or the other sends us away from Jesus.Now is the time to end all disobedience to God.
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Lucy V wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 00:19 As a Christian, I think this is a perfect book for me. Thank you for your honest review.
I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Kgopotso Khumalo wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 02:13 This book must be read by people who want to change their and who want to return to their first love which is God,I quite agree this is an honest review
Thank you. The author was bold in his writing and his focus was on God. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Tebogo Eugene M wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 02:45 As a believer the book would make a good collection in my bookshelve, I like the review reminding us about God.
I am sure it will make a great addition to your bookshelves! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

destipath247 wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 03:56 Now is the Time is a call for humanity to live a purpose-driven life as regards the essence of human creation and existence. I hope we heed to this call.
Thank you, so do I! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Catherine Chip wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 04:41 The book is nice for a believer...
Yes, it is. But I think there will be non-believers who will read it also. The author talks a lot about what is going on worldwide now. Thank you for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech
Brenda Creech

Post by Brenda Creech »

Shivansh_Reviews wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 06:58 Learned a lot about the book. I'm not into this genre that much so I'll skip this one. Thanks for the review.
Thank you for stopping by and commenting!
B. Creech

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”