Review of 33 Tools To Remake Your Career

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 511
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Review of 33 Tools To Remake Your Career

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "33 Tools To Remake Your Career" by Paul G Dionne.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After the COVID-19 pandemic hit, many people were stuck with no employment for months. Now that things are starting to go back to normal, jobs are easier to find. However, because many workers have gaps in their employment history, getting a new job is difficult. Do you want to polish your skills and improve your resume for potential employers? What should it include? How do I know if a job is the right one for me? Paul Dionne helps readers figure out the answers to these questions in 33 Tools To Remake Your Career. Just as the book title implies, the book contains advice on how to help readers improve their job and what to do if it is time for a change.

The personality tool section was my favorite part of this book. I remember taking a personality test before attending college and using the scores from this test to determine my career goals. Paul tells his readers that they should not plan their career goals around one personality test; instead, they should take multiple different ones to see what strengths exist. Links are provided in the text for readers to determine their personalities. These tests are a good way for readers to plan out what types of jobs they want to look into more.

I also enjoyed the section about job titles. After reading this tool, I had to take a hard look at my resume and change some of the titles I used. For example, recruiters get turned off when they see that someone identifies themselves as CEO of their startup company. According to the author, this is not the applicant’s fault; recruiters don’t understand the hard work required to operate a company as the only employee. He provides alternative titles for readers to use that are more likely to get attention. Reading about the recruiting process to find employees was an eye-opener because I did not know this process was so analytical.

There is nothing that I disliked in this book. The advice about obtaining new certifications, using social media sites to network with others, investigating how economic factors play a role in job availability, and more is in small chapters for easier understanding and application. Steps that explain how to apply these tools during a job search are at the end of each section. Some of these tools contain photographs to help the reader use the advice in the book. I had no confusion or difficulty while practicing any of the suggestions provided in this title.

Nine errors were present in the book; I almost had to remove a star because of them. As such, another round of editing should correct these errors. Based on my explanations above, 33 Tools To Remake Your Career receives four out of four stars. I recommend this book to middle-aged readers trying to get back into the workforce. Young adults who lost their jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic may find this book helpful too.

33 Tools To Remake Your Career
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

This is an helpful book. Thank you for the review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Seems really insightful. Employees should take a look at this. Thank you for your review.
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

Wow, as a fresh graduate, this book is a must-read! Thank you for the review!
Dorine Jelagat
Currently Reading: Mama's Girl
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Dorine Jelagat »

This book holds all the answers we need in our current world today. Great review.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

The author of this book is quite strategic. I think this book would be helpful to individuals due to the fact that it contains guide that'd help in the prosperity of one's career. I would recommend this book to anyone, even my friends who aim at being business moguls. Thanks for your review.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

Considering the current time, this book is highly relevant as people try to get back on their feet...very nice review
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Im sure this book has been quite popular during the pandemic since it gives answers to the question that everyone has as to how to stay afloat during such difficult times. Great job on clarifying what the reader can expect from this book.
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

This is a must-read for me. A simple guide on how to one your craft and become visible in today's digital world. Thank you for this apt review.
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

COVID 19 came with a lot of disruptions. The book would answer the questions of many whys. Thank you for the review.
Sam Oghae
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-oghae.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sam Oghae »

This is a great book for anyone looking for ways to have a great career and for those who are unemployed.
Great review
Blessing Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-odii.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Post by Blessing Odii »

The covid 19 pandemic came with a lot that won't be forgotten in a hurry. I find this review very good.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”