Review of Within

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of Within

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Within" by Courtney Hanson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It is no secret that women have been constantly put down and seen as less than they are in different spheres of their lives. Women who have had issues while growing up tend to be confused and lose their way in life, coasting through life aimlessly. Many have committed suicide because they cannot handle the depression and anxiety caused by various life issues. Within: Healing Through Sacred Feminine Archetypes-Awaken the Goddess Within by Courtney Hanson is a stunning work highlighting these issues. It proffers tips to self-growth. It is a very important book for all women to have and read.

Within by Courtney Hanson takes us through about fourteen different archetypes which exist in womanhood. Hanson walked us through her horrendous personal experience and birthed this beautiful piece. We learn about how alcohol affects a person, how being in a particular archetype's shadow affects us and affects the way we approach situations and solve issues. We get a lot of insight into the characters of Greek mythological creatures and how they relate to different archetypes. We also learn that taking care of the body is a very good thing.

This book had a lot of positive aspects. To start with, it was concise and easy to understand. It also went to the root of the matter. By telling her story, the author removed alienation from the book, instead making this book very relatable. As humans, a person who is imperfect and acknowledges their imperfection is easier to resonate with and encourages people to try to take the necessary steps to self-improvement. Also, the incorporation of characters, most of them present in the popular Greek mythology, is a very brilliant move. Also, the readers are enlightened about the stories of these popular Greek gods and goddesses. This book is designed to empower women and mold them into the women they have the potential to be. I found no errors in the book; it was exceptionally well edited.

I really liked this book. I searched in vain for a negative aspect but could find none. That is a testament to the brilliance of the author. I am honestly happy and thrilled that I came across this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I'm giving this book the perfect score because it was beautifully crafted. It is a book I feel compelled to read again and again. It belongs on every woman's bookshelves.

This book is suitable for everyone. It is highly recommended to all women, especially those downtrodden, lost, and are at the end of their tether. All in all, It is a must read for women.

Within
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I'll like to know about the fourteen different archetypes that exist in womanhood. Thank you for your review.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

It's obvious the book is loaded and would be of great benefits to women.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I think this book would be great for women who are feeling lesser than. Thank you for the review.
Dorine Jelagat
Currently Reading: Mama's Girl
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Dorine Jelagat »

It is a great book for women as they feel inferior. Great review.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

I don’t have an personal experience of being put down but I love to show support for women struggling. A book I have to read.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

I like the fact the author focused on the feminine genders and the issues that they face in their sphere as females. I think this book would be a good read for every female, and it'd also be a good read for me so that I can educate my few female friends on things that pertains to them. I love the way the author wrote the book. Thanks for your review.
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Unfortunately, I am not a big fan of this genre. So, I'll have to pass on this book. But thanks for such a detailed review. It gives a clear picture of what the reader can expect from it.
Sia P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-p.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sia P »

First and foremost, the book's cover!!!! How captivating!??? I can imagine how lovely this book sounds and appears to be. Definitely going to my shelf!!! Thanks for a wonderful review, I had a great time reading it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”