Review of Carbon Under Pressure

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Carbon Under Pressure

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Carbon Under Pressure" by Meg Heart.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Meg introduces a family setting featuring Stuart, a very supportive husband doing his best to keep his family from tearing apart. Throughout the whole episode, the family looks for ways to bring back the warmth in their home and save their little one from suicide. A vibrant young teenager suddenly hates herself and despises Rose, her mum, who loves her so much. Could it be that her mother's love was not enough? On the other hand, Rose battles to overcome her dark experiences in her first marriage while simultaneously figuring out ways to save her daughter from herself. Subsequently, more dark secrets are revealed about her ex-husband. Can her fragile nature handle these shocking revelations? As if it's not enough, Stuart's family faces another crisis that further leaves them shattered. Can they survive all these? There's so much to find out from this book.

Carbon Under Pressure by Meg Heart is a non-fiction book that revolves around suicide, child sexual abuse, and how to fight depression. The book is disintegrated into different tones. These show the world of those struggling mentally, hurting relatives, and a lot more. The whole piece evokes elements of pity. The author intended that this book would allow the reader to glimpse the real situations of life. These family crises are real and could break any family.

Meg doesn't fail to describe the agony and emptiness in mental clinics, as the patients struggle to stay afloat, totally disconnected from the world outside.

I greatly enjoyed how Meg artfully combined words in simple terms and could still convey deep empathy with them. Scenes showing where Sophie gradually passes through recovery leave me undaunted. The piece was satisfied with enough details about medical practitioners' efforts to save lives. Aside from this, I think the writer did well to cover the themes in the book.

But I observed some inconsistencies in the flashback pattern of this book. The part that talked about Rose's mother's death and then suddenly reverted to her injury in the 1960s was a good instance of this flaw. I couldn't establish the link between the two scenes. This is the only negative thing I found about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is an excellent book that communicates a lot about the reality of life and family crises. Aside from the few punctuation errors, I don't see why this book, written with so much precision and a reasonable degree of accuracy, would be given less rating. Meg wrote an awesome piece that could be relatable to real-life situations. Overall, it was still professionally edited nevertheless.

I recommend this book for readers struggling with depression. Even those interested in teenage suicide and child sexual abuse works would enjoy this book. It almost answers all the questions about these subjects and is relatable.

Carbon Under Pressure
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
nique ann
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nique ann »

This book is really good to read especially those people who also experienced to Meg situations. The author of this book is great and it is very amazing book to read .
Mfopat Olympik
Currently Reading: The Unlikely Cowboy
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zakariaou-junior.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Mfopat Olympik »

Very good review in my opinion. The work of the author is well highlighted in the sense that in her book she describes in simple but profound terms the reality of families in which some members are affected by depression.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I think there needs to be more discussions around mental health so this book seems like a step in the right direction
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Thank you for your honest feedback. While I'm not sure this is a good book for me, I think it should be interesting. Thank you for your review.
QualityAndQuantity
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qualityandquantity.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by QualityAndQuantity »

Mental health is a serious issue and it good that people are finally talking about it openly. Great review.
Giftiee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giftiee.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Giftiee »

How it'd all end for the family got me curious though. Amazing review!
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

While this is a great concept, I'm currently not looking to read family dramas revolving around mental health issues. Hence, I might pick this book up sometime later. But good job on the review
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

This is an amazing review although I won't read this, I must commend your writing. Nice job
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

Although I won't be reading this book, the writing style in your review was amazing. Good job.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”