Review of Feel It, Heal It, Let It Go

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Review of Feel It, Heal It, Let It Go

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Feel It, Heal It, Let It Go" by Margaret MCatagnus.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Feel It, Heal It, Let It Go by Margaret MCatagnus is a heart-filling, one-of-a-kind non-fiction book that mainly revolves around mental health. The book contains an uplifting and special collection of various poems, wellness tools, a guide to discovering spirituality, and most importantly, genuine stories from individuals who have navigated and overcame mental health struggles, healed their agony and sorrow, and let it go. The title of the book is very self-explanatory, in a way. Margaret (or you can call her Maggie) takes the lead and starts first, sharing her side of the story of how she handled her ups and downs in her life and did not let that stop her from being who she is.

Admittedly, I absolutely loved the sheer honesty and openness the stories from the various individuals were. It was as if they were telling the world, "We have been through this, it made us who we are today, and we are not afraid to show it."

I quite enjoyed reading about the inspiring poems that were included in the book, like "Walking through the Fear" and "Ah Mania!" In addition, I liked that the author considered people who have gone through mental health challenges "warriors" and never failed to mention it. Furthermore, I could tell the book was exceptionally edited since I did not hit on any grammar errors.

Although I believe this book would be beneficial to all people because everyone has suffered through some kind of trauma at least once in their life, and that can help them relate to this book one way or another. But yet, I do not think people who prefer to read fast-paced and adventurous books would be able to get through this book without getting bored quite easily. I highly recommend Feel It, Heal It, Let It to people who either want to read books that highlight mental health and all the challenges that come with it or looking for a motivational and inspiring read.

Overall, it was an educational and emotional book. I had such a wonderful insight into mental health. I had always read articles and essays that looked at it from a scientific perspective. So it really was quite a delight to read this book because it shared personal and heart-wrenching short stories about people who go through the challenging experience. I found no negative aspects in the book, and there is nothing I dislike. In conclusion, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Feel It, Heal It, Let It Go
View: on Bookshelves
Radha Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radha-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Radha Suryawanshi »

I have a friend who goes through the same situation as this, so I think I will give this book a try. Great review, there were no spoilers.
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Sounds like a book that everyone should read. Both to relate to the stories and to learn how to communicate with those around you who are dealing with such problems. Thanks for the detailed review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This should be uplifting. I look forward to reading this. Thanks for the review.
Marija Savic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marija-savic.html
Latest Review: Faults by Orion Gregory
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Marija Savic »

We all have ups and downs, and I think this type of book helps a lot to deal with bad situations. It is nice that the author shared his personal experiences with us. Thanks for the great review!
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

Everyone has ups and downs in life and this book is quite inspiring and helpful. Nice work.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Mental health is a very important concept and more awareness should be created about it. I’m glad this noon did that, I also like that you enjoyed the poems. Your review is insightful.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

The title tells it all in addition to the superb review. Upon the emergence of the pandemic, mental health became an issue to deal with. The book offers a portion to heal such cases through honest outpour by various individuals who have healed.
Beatrice Ochieng
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatrice-ochieng.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Beatrice Ochieng »

The title is captivating and we all have things from which we need to allow ourselves to feel, heal and let go, I look forward to reading it. Thank you for the review.
Mercy Kolade
Favorite Book: Twilight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Mercy Kolade »

I will definitely recommend this book to a friend who is going through similar situation.
We should read this book as it will help us relate with others going through things like this.
Great review by the way.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:

Radha Suryawanshi wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 04:47 I have a friend who goes through the same situation as this, so I think I will give this book a try. Great review, there were no spoilers.
Thank you for the compliment.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:

Amiczy Magnus wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 18:21 Mental health is a very important concept and more awareness should be created about it. I’m glad this noon did that, I also like that you enjoyed the poems. Your review is insightful.
I agree that mental health needs awareness.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Shridhar S wrote: 05 Feb 2022, 17:07
Amiczy Magnus wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 18:21 Mental health is a very important concept and more awareness should be created about it. I’m glad this noon did that, I also like that you enjoyed the poems. Your review is insightful.
I agree that mental health needs awareness.
Exactly
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

This is a masterpiece. Thanks for the review
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:

Vidhi Adhikari wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 09:22 Sounds like a book that everyone should read. Both to relate to the stories and to learn how to communicate with those around you who are dealing with such problems. Thanks for the detailed review.
I agree with your reasons and I am glad you found the review helpful.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”