Review of No Matter What

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of No Matter What

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "No Matter What" by Monika Polefka-Proulx.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The editor of this review should note that, for plagiarism, this review had been published. Some changes were made for the author.

Monika Proulx married Mike Proulx, and both gave birth to Karl and Samantha. Samantha was quite a contrast to Karl, her brother. Her early days projected a creative and active damsel who could make a promising future. However, the opposite was the case when she began her academic studies. Sammy had suffered some mental defaults, which affected her education and social life. Samantha's life was an adventure characterized by self-guilt, bullying, assaults, and low self-esteem. Monika had, on several occasions, blamed God and her parentage for Sammy's problems. The climax of Sammy's life was her entanglement with bad company, which led to her mental deterioration. You could find out if Monika won the battle for Sammy's life in a society that believed teens are old enough to own and govern their lives.

Motherly love is irrefutable. It's a world to reckon with. No Matter What: How Far Would You Go to Save Your Child? is a true story of the author, Monika Polefka-Proulx. Her tone was such a pathetic one that can make you drop down balls of tears, especially in the concluding chapters. What could have marred the joy of having a girl child by a prospective mother? What driving force could keep a mother resilient in seeking the best for her child despite all odds. The story in the book portrayed love, care, affection, and parental bonding.

This book is such a rare epistle to parenthood. I so much salute Monika's courage, patience, and persistence towards her daughter, Samantha. She is a good example to all parents across the globe. Furthermore, I liked the author's notion to make her readers believe that no one should be written off, no matter how bad they have been. One feature I like so much about the book is the author's clearness. The texts and grammar are simple enough to be understood even by a low-class reader. I also wish to admit that the book was exceptionally well edited. There were no visible errors found.

In my review, I found that the book has no negative aspect worth denting this wonderful masterpiece. Both the author and editors have done great work. This book deserves 4 out of 4 stars. This is for the author's precision expressed in its editing and plotting.

I recommend this book to all parents who believe their children are worthless and have developed a negative attitude towards them due to one reason or another. Also, I recommend it to juveniles, as it would serve well in exposing them to the dangers of choosing the wrong company of friends.

No Matter What
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ChampagneSon
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-champagneson.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by ChampagneSon »

Quite interesting, Every child deserves to experience love from a parent or parents no matter life's circumstances. definitely worth reading. Amazing review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Hopefully, Monika won the battle. Thank you for the review.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

It's hard for parents not to blame themselves for their children's misbehavior. Samantha's could also have been as a result of peers. I don't know this but I'll read the book to find out. Thank you for the great review.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Nice review. A book worth reading, I hope everything turns out well for Sammy. I believe love can bring a person out of anything.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

Monika seems like a great character. I can't wait to read the book. Thanks for the review.
nerdychikka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdychikka.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by nerdychikka »

I really do enjoy books with female protagonists. I can not wait to read this book.
Beatrice Ochieng
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatrice-ochieng.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by Beatrice Ochieng »

Parenting is not an easy feat, I look forward to learning from Monika as well as finding out what happened to Samantha at the end. I will keep my tissues ready as suggested! Thank you for the review.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

Handling grown kids are most times tasking. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”