Review of Maximise Your Child’s Performance

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Unique Ego
Favorite Book: The Tales of Little Lady M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Maximise Your Child’s Performance

Post by Unique Ego »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Maximise Your Child’s Performance" by Jennie segar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes parents view the poor performance of a child as a symptom of a mental condition. Disorders like ADHD, dyslexia, and so on could result from a lack of effort on the part of the parent or guardian. This book proves that intelligence and subsequent academic achievement can be increased no matter how bad a child's situation may be. The author, in her book, gives a detailed description of the activities that could help improve a child's learning ability. Activities like learning music and participating in a sport were included, and valid research materials were added to prove the effectiveness of the activities stated in the book.

Maximise Your Child's Performance was written in a down-to-earth and detailed manner. Jennie Segar gave great insight into improving a child’s cognitive ability. She offered valuable tips on how to take care of a child. Her advice included details about what toys to buy for them, how to get them to take music lessons, participate in sports, elevate their creativity, and more. I've seen these kinds of activities used to help kids be more engaged in the learning process, so I know they work. But these activities don't help with just the academic side of things; this book utilizes them essentially as a self-help guide to raising children. Segar writes this book in simple and easy-to-understand language, and I believe its content will stimulate and inspire parents concerning their children's upbringing.

Not only were Segar's thoughts, insight, and experiences properly thought-out and presented, they were backed up by sufficient research drawn from real-life data and case studies. This helped give credibility to the advice she gave in this book. This book has its foundation laid on the fact that communication and a good relationship with the children should be a must-have for parents. Working as a team with them is essential and allows the parent to establish a safe and trustworthy environment for them while they grow up.

What I liked most were the case studies she used in the descriptions of her findings. My favorite would be the story about her charges in the chapter about free time. She spoke about how there was no time for sleep for the two children because their parents wanted them to participate in many activities, which proved to be stressful for them. I also appreciated the addendum and list of references to her research at the end of the book. With this information, any reader can go through the author's research sources independent of this book. That can only be a good thing.

I found nothing negative to report about this book; it was a splendid read, educational, and extremely well edited. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars and recommend it to every parent and caregiver out there.

Maximise Your Child’s Performance
View: on Bookshelves
Nwankwo GC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-gc.html
Latest Review: The Chosen by Brandy Marks

Post by Nwankwo GC »

This will be a very helpful resource to children lagging behind academically. Parents and guardians should check this out. Great review.
Blessing Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-odii.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Post by Blessing Odii »

I think all parents should access this book. Quite an educative book.
Samuel Akinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Samuel Akinola »

This book is a resource to children out there.i recommend this book to children who are considered dull or even perceived brilliant.There is no limit to how creative they can get irrespective of their academic performance or status quo.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Post by Helen Akoth »

As a parent, a book that gives great insight into improving a child’s cognitive ability sounds like one I can benefit from too. The title drew me here, and your informative review has just piqued my interest further. Thanks for sharing!
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I like that case studies were used to back up findings; it makes them more credible. Great review.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

Children are the future. We must give them all the available resources for them to succeed. Based on the studies, a successful child will contribute greatly to society as a man or woman.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

Children's intelligence can definitely be improved. Parents only need to be patient with these kids. Great!
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This seems to be a creative and innovative book with priceless knowledge. I like the context and it's structure. Thanks for the review.
Titus Fuller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-titus-fuller.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by Titus Fuller »

Raising children is not a simple task and i always make an effort to read child rearing books, this book really seems like a good read, thank you for the review.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

I know of a classmate back then in grade school, she was terrible academically. Fast forward to high school, she was the best in her class. It is wrong to give up on the intelligence of any child. This book addresses such a deep subject.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: A Mingled Yarn by Louise Williams

Post by Hy Be »

Very informative book, focused on developing child mental well being and potentials.
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY JENNIE SEGAR WHICH TALKS ABOUT MENTAL DISORDER AND GIVES A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES THAT COULD HELP IMPROVE A CHILD'S LEARNING CAPACITY (SPORT, SCHOOL, MUSIC...
A BOOK FOR PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS.GOOD REVIEW
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

It seems like this book gives parents hope but also tools to help their children. I am not a parent so I will akip this one. Great review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Sharad kumawat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sharad kumawat »

The book's name is enough to show the idea of the book
It is helpful to identify the true potential of any individual by right method and by understanding them
And participating in creating activity like dance singing etc. Help to find out your real power and maximize your knowledge .

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”