Review of The Little Book to Find Your Purpose

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of The Little Book to Find Your Purpose

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Little Book to Find Your Purpose" by Robyn G Locke.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As the title suggests, we have a brief guide on how we can improve ourselves in several ways. The author divides the book into short segments that can be read in a few minutes and are chronological. Robyn begins by bringing to attention the small things that happen in life. Small decisions can affect our lives profoundly. She notes, "Choices do impact everything within your life as you reap the rewards or consequences from each decision made." Then the discussion broadens to attitude change and how positive or negative thoughts impact our lives.

The work is full of lessons and enlightenment. When I thought the author was done shedding some light, then boom! She comes with more advice and illumination. One practical example the book cites is the planting of a seed. For instance, if you plant an avocado seed, be sure you'll not harvest lemons or blueberries. A common saying goes, "what you plant is what you sow."

One thing I loved was the practical lessons. In one instance, the author includes some words readers are to say back in the attempt to create tranquility within ourselves. I did as instructed, and I had my results. I'd encourage you to get a copy of the book and attempt to do the same. Then see the outcome!

The author reminds us that when we sow seeds of evil thoughts, then we yield negative results. Plus, who we surround ourselves with matters a great deal. Are the people we engage with giving off productive energy? Energy is infectious, whether positive or negative.

One thing I did not like was the narrow information provided about the Elders. I wanted to learn more and know how they inspired the author to compose this book. In addition, there are some foreign words I did not understand. The language used seemed strange.

The exceptional editing of the book requires thumbs up, as I detected no error. I award The Little Book to Find Your Purpose by Robyn G Locke 4 out of 4 stars. One thing that challenged me was ego. The author says, "Ego can be your worst companion or best friend. Best friend when you have something from which you need protection and worst companion most other times." Before reading this sentiment, I had never thought of ego as anything positive or virtuous. I recommend the guide to any reader looking to learn from the Elders and elevate their life.

The Little Book to Find Your Purpose
View: on Bookshelves
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

It seems there are a lot of things I can learn from this book. Also, I hope to see how the author positively portrayed 'Ego' in this book.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

I just can't get enough of this kind of books. It's always a plus to learn a thing or two on how to keep things together and boost others as well. Nice review!
Katherine Rivas 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-rivas-1.html
Latest Review: Wolf Hunter Inquisition by Miller Thomas

Post by Katherine Rivas 1 »

I love books that help us reevaluate our mindsets, and it seems like this book does that. We all are trying to "elevate" our lives, and this book sounds like a nice way to get on a more positive track. Very nice review.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

The book is an inspiration to me, it simply explains how every decision you make has an effect on your life no matter the size of the decision.
kajal31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajal31.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by kajal31 »

I love to read engaging self-help books, and this one looks very interesting. It is like an inspiration-giving book. I think I can learn a lot of things from this book. I will surely read this book. On the other hand, your review was great. Thank you for this interesting review.
Fearnia Laurel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fearnia-laurel.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Fearnia Laurel »

This book sounds very interesting and inspirational. Based on the review, it seems that I would agree with a lot of the author's mindset. Would definitely like to read this book. Thank you for the review.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

Achieving our dream in life depends on how positive we are about ourselves. The book is very good for morale boosting.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

This seems to be some kind of self-help book. Most of us have a purpuse in life. What is needed are means to achieve the goal.
Jerry Cains
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jerry Cains »

I feel it s more of a motivation book who's faith background should have been mentioned.the quote given also should be ...plant vs grow or harvest ,hope that it is in the book. Overall I what to learn more about negative and positive Ego
Gift Mazibuko
Favorite Author: Victoria Christopher Murray
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven!
Bookshelf Size: 18
fav_author_id: 27573

Post by Gift Mazibuko »

Wonderful review there's a lots of great lessons to be learned in this book including the importance of decisions making on how it can impact your life if you take a wrong one and also knowing the fact that we can create tranquility within ourselves and live a positive lifestyle.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

This book is a great tool for self development and improvement. I love the part it talks about attitude and its influence on our lives. It is surely a great book.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

Everyone needs self-improvement. The title is a good direction of what is in the book. Thanks for such an informative review.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”