Review of The Mercury Mind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of The Mercury Mind

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Mercury Mind" by Nathan Lancry.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mercury Mind: How Harnessing Attraction Beyond Your Control is the Key to Better Relationships, Fulfilling Careers, and Your Most Powerful Self by Nathan Lancry is a non-fiction book on the power of relationships. Everyone recognizes a need for a relationship, and only a few will deny that. However, not everyone understands the values of relationships. Mercury, as a chemical element, is very flexible and malleable, and it can bond with its like properties and different properties. And so, the "Mercury Mind" connection is a strong and unique attraction that connects two or more people. The book is on a deeper level of self-discovery and relationship appreciation.

The Mercury Mind: How Harnessing Attraction Beyond Your Control is the Key to Better Relationships, Fulfilling Careers, and Your Most Powerful Self is a unique book with a solid introduction to the value of relationships. Generally, it embraces the diverse facets of relationships and self-development, ranging from family, friends, romantic, and even business relationships. This book not only makes one aware but also contains the various standards for identifying, maximizing, and understanding those relationships.

One of the many new things I learned from this book is the striking difference between self-confidence and self-esteem. The need to grow oneself from the guise of conscious attractions to authentic or subconscious attractions is also one of the primary focuses of this book. I like this feature in the book, although it can be very challenging.

The content is also very rich in information. It does not just include the “what to do.” It also covers the “how to do” part. I believe this is a necessary feature to be well balanced because it is one thing to recognize a toxic or unhealthy relationship and another thing to know how to handle such situations. I credit the author for this.

In-between different chapters, the writer gave real-life examples related to the discussion. Even though this is a good approach, I found some of them disturbing. For example, in the part where the writer elaborated on self-confidence, the writer mentioned David de las Morenas. The latter ran a million-subscriber YouTube Channel and was countering some of his principles on dating. Even though the major focus is to give readers a healthy view of relationships, I don't think it's right to criticize others' judgment to give yours a better view. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This is because of the features mentioned above in the book. The book has a few errors. It is obviously professionally edited.

I recommend this book to readers who need help handling relationship issues or understanding relationship terms. As I mentioned earlier, it comprises all relational settings. This book is also a good book for self-discovery and potential realization. Those interested in such topics may wish to pick up this book.

The Mercury Mind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

The title of the book is symbolic. The contents of the book is powerful. Building good and valuable relationships is very vital in life.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

I appreciate the power of relationships. I discovered a lot about myself and others through relating with others. The information in this book is inevitable. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik
Danielle Briggs
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-briggs.html
Latest Review: Moonlit Nights by Jacob Parr

Post by Danielle Briggs »

I loved the honesty in your review! I agree that including “the how” in this type of book is important, but it’s almost useless just to be able to identify something. Great review!
Vincent Ongoro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Vincent Ongoro »

The book, The Mercury Mind is a master piece for relationship matters. The author gave out a modest and fruitful discussion on the importance of solid relationship. On the upper hand, I have learned about self confidence and self esteem. The book also teaches about self discovery in any relationship. I give it a 3 out of 4.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's BOTD is a nonfiction book that encourages readers to see and understand the value in relationships of all kinds, while explaining the different types and steps toward achieving them. This definitely sounds like a valuable read for those interested in self-discovery, reflection, and growth. Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Keep up the great work!! :-)
Ruth Omonegho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-omonegho.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ruth Omonegho »

I like nothing more than a book, person, guide, criticism, or instruction that not tells you what to do but how to do it too. The author has done well to include these in this personal development book.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A set of good ideas about handling relationship can be found in the book The Mercury Mind" by Nathan Lancry. Irony of using mercury for flexibility makes it more interesting.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

Good relationships are important for leading a meaningful life. I'm eager to find out what this book offers in this regard.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Shenila Ginabay
Favorite Book: Man Mission
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shenila-ginabay.html
Latest Review: That's what Ed said by U A Dumas

Post by Shenila Ginabay »

I liked that the author was able to make us see how to handle situations in relationships instead of just telling the reader what to do and follow steps, this is very important. And I also liked that the book covers all different types of relationships including business ones.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

Having good relationships with family, friends, romantic and office are very important to our peace of mind and spirit. I would love to read this! Thank you for your review!
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway&rsquo;s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

A book that delivers powerful information about relationships. I would like to read this book to know more about what the author presents. Thanks for the wonderful review. Congrats on the BOTD.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a non-fiction book highlighting the power of relationships, psychology, and a deeper level of self-discovery and relationship appreciation. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle an has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am generally not drawn to self-help books. The title of this one is thought-provoking, though. What are the attractions beyond my control? I'll give this one a curious peek.
Joshua_Caleb
Currently Reading: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life...
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by Joshua_Caleb »

There are way too many self-help books out there. This one is no different. I think I'm going to pass.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”