Review of Punt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Punt

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Punt" by D.P. Badaczewski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Punt is the true story of John Nies. John played for Buffalo Bills, but he was cut off. He transferred to NCC and was inspired by the kind of life Elie and Blake lived. Elie was a heavy tipper, and he had his way with most things. For the first time, he smuggled drugs through an airport. Earning some extra cash didn't seem so bad, so John went down a dark path.

This is a story of all the things John has been through. He was an addict, a playboy, a father, a believer, and so much more. D.P. Badaczewski has detailed the life of John Nies in this book, and readers would be thrilled to take a look at this journey.

John Nies was a lot of things, but the feature that stood out the most for me was how much he aspired to be a force to reckoned with. Things couldn't have gotten worse for him, but he seemed to keep his dream of being a receiver alive. He was impressively daring. Reaching out to coaches and trying to prove himself just showed a lot of resilience. Very importantly, I liked that this wasn't a fairytale type of story. It detailed even the most terrible events that took place. Working hard doesn't always translate to success. Sometimes, people don't achieve a big break in their career, and this may not be due to complacency. The odds may just not be working in their favor.

There were times when John was a master of his doom, and this was also detailed in this book. Going down the wrong path is easier than people think. All it takes is a bad experience and an association that negatively inspires you. In addition, I like how the plot of this story developed and how it was narrated. Reading it, I wasn't sure I knew what to expect. Usually, I can envisage how a story may turn out to be. However, while reading this book, I happily basked in the bliss of sweet ignorance, watching to see where the journey led me.

There were a lot of profanities and sexual content in this book. This was not a concern to me, but if this bothers you, you may want to skip this read. I only noticed a few errors in this book, so it's safe to say that it was professionally edited. My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars. I had a great time reading it, and I found no negative aspects.

I recommend this book to readers of adventurous journeys and sports. If you like true-life stories, then this book is for you.

Punt
View: on Bookshelves
Mary Ndirangu 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-ndirangu-1.html
Latest Review: Schroedinger The Wonder Cat by Aaron Rosen

Post by Mary Ndirangu 1 »

I believe I would enjoy reading about John Nies. I will definitely add his book to my bookshelf. Awesome review.
Ada Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-chris.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Ada Chris »

The review is awesome, would definitely want to know more about John nies and all he went through, I want to know more about his life adventures, I’m definitely going to read this book as a lover of adventures, I would recommend it to other lovers of adventurous stories
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

How exactly did John end up with the kind of live he lived? I don't really like books with profanities and sexual content so I will pass on this one.
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

I love reading real life experience because it teaches many things to readers.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

John has gone through so many things, making so many tough decisions, and pulling himself back up most of the time. I would love to read how he got up everytime he fell down. Thank you so much for the wonderful review!
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

From my experience, I can tell that this book is going to be very interesting. I would definitely get this book in my shelf. Thanks for this wonderful review.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Stories about crime and criminals is appealing. And sometimes one thinks, "I have my sins, but I'm not so a bad man, after all."
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

This is a good life story. I would surely read this. I think it shows how much influence friend have on a person. From this review, it is worth reading. Good job by the book reviewer.
Odala J Phiri
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odala-j-phiri.html
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik

Post by Odala J Phiri »

It's not surprising to hear that there is a lot of profanity and sexual content because John's life seems to be so much associated with these. This was his dark time in life. Thanks for sharing the review.
Latest Review: In the End by Ken Saik
Kieran Anslow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-anslow.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kieran Anslow »

The decision we take affects the things that we encounter, and I believe that John's path was affected by the decisions he made. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”