Review of Bless Your Heart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Review of Bless Your Heart

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bless Your Heart" by V.W. Thomack.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bless Your Heart is an intriguing book written by V. W. Thomack about his life. The book is a memoir of the author's life which consists of stories of certain times in his life that he can recall. The book recollects interesting, adventurous stories from when he was a boy to his present life. It talks about the good, the bad, and the ugly days of his life from when he can remember. How does a poor young lad from Neenah grow to become a fulfilled man? Does he have any regrets during his life?

The author of this book takes us through the various stages of his life, from grade school to high school, to college, and trying to find his place in the world, serving in the military, and also experiencing the spice of life of falling in love, getting heartbroken, and getting married. He talks about his college days. Being a child born during the Great Depression, he tells us what Neenah was like during that period, as he can recall.

One positive aspect I found in this book is the storyline of the book. I loved how the author arranged his life stories accordingly, making it easy for one to follow the story and enjoy it. I also love his use of puns interactively; it adds a little bit of humour to the book, and it is fun to read. Aside from the errors in the book, I loved the author's sentence structure and arrangements. I love how the author narrated his stories; it was quite detailed. I love how he talked about his friends and family, especially his wife. I also love the part where he talked about when his active days in the military had ended and how he considered extending his time there, but his wife threatened him with a possible divorce if he pushed through with it. I also love the lesson the book portrays, which is 'life is short, do what makes you happy.'

One negative aspect of the book is that I didn't understand the first chapter of the book, where the author was listing family events that are connected to 27. I expected that maybe as I continued reading the book, it would finally make sense, but it didn't. Also, I discovered that part of chapter 5 was found in chapter 8. It was more like repetition.

I found some errors in the book. Due to the fact that the errors were few, I would say the book was professionally edited. I rate the book 3 out of 4 because of the negative aspects I mentioned. I did not rate it lower because it was still satisfying and interesting to read. 

I recommend this book to everyone who loves to read memoirs. I would also recommend the book to people who love reading adventurous books and people into sports, most especially football. I would also recommend the book to persons, whether old or young, who are going through one setback or the other. I believe this book would be an inspiration to them.

Bless Your Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

The author feels like he's lived a very fulfilling life. A lot of memoirs tend to be boring because of an uninteresting writer, but it seems like that is not the case here, great review
it is what it is ....
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85294
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1287%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Thomack lived on adventures life in his memoir he recall his boyhood memories including each spring his dad would have kids line up for his magical elixir I like how the author recall how he pull the socks and knickers up and hold e'm in place, the author recall events throughout his like this bringing the story to life he fell in love ,got Alzheimer's disease as well as sudden death of her great friend the author incorporates history, humor, trivia and shocking Punch lines it's all part of celebration..I will recommend it 💯

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”