Review of The Works of Christ

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Review of The Works of Christ

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Works of Christ" by Edward King.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The date was August 24, 2010, and Edward King was hurriedly making his way to school for a class he didn't want to be late for. On his way, an event that would change his life forever happened: a ghastly car accident. He was diagnosed with severe brain damage, and the doctors were pessimistic about his chances of survival. In that period, Edward King would have a supernatural experience that would see him descend into hell. With all the pain and suffering around him, he cried out to God and saw Jesus come down and defeat Satan on his behalf. This would mark the beginning of his recovery in the physical world after he spent time with Jesus. In this book, The Works of Christ: My Proof of God’s Existence, Edward King goes on to present fifty thoughtful poems that illustrate God's love for us and aim to help us come closer to Him.

I have to say that it was quite inspiring seeing how faith and love in God impacted the author's life, especially after such a bad experience. These two themes, faith and love for God, along with God's love for us through Jesus, are central to not just the author's emotional story but also his poems. The author's story is one that I could relate to, and he did a great job of quickly thrusting me into his experience that called to mind several rough patches I have been through in life. Also, he did well to constantly offer the important reminder that God is always with us no matter what we are going through, and we only need to reach out to him.

Another interesting aspect of the book is that the author explores getting closer to God beyond the physical realm, especially dealing with questions revolving around how we can get to heaven. In the insightful poem, The Decision of Christ, the author draws our minds to the numerous laws that we were required to follow to avoid spiritual death and make heaven, and he highlights how the coming of Jesus has made it easy for us to make heaven if only we can believe in Him and love Him, as he has already paid for our sins. I found this aspect of the book reassuring, and this was maintained almost throughout the poems while the author introduced us to several beneficial attributes of Jesus, from His grace and will to His greatness, magnitude, and royalty.

Furthermore, the poems in the book are easily accessible and easy to understand, as simple sentences are employed throughout. Even though I think that the author's writing shows his inexperience as a writer at times, and some of the sentences could be better polished, presenting the book in this way will give readers full access to the kind of love the author has for Jesus in its purest form and how it has affected his life positively. Besides this, I did not find any other issues with the book. Finding just one error in the text indicated that the book was professionally edited as well.

All things considered, The Works of Christ: My Proof of God’s Existence is an impactful read. I would say that the author has achieved his aim of proving God's existence and helping to draw readers closer to God through his story. I rate this book four out of four. Readers who want to improve their relationship with God and enjoy books that show God's love in the lives of others will be inspired by this concise read.

The Works of Christ
View: on Bookshelves
Mr Excellence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-excellence.html
Latest Review: Four Critical Days by Edward Vogler

Post by Mr Excellence »

Of a truth, God exists.
What God cannot do does not exist. I thank God for saving the life of Edward King.
Pioneers2033
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pioneers2033 »

Is the proof in the eye of the author?
Judy_Akha
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-akha.html
Latest Review: The Dragon Who Would Be King by Anne Peters

Post by Judy_Akha »

I love spiritual books, poems sound interesting. Thank you for your thoughtful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”