Review of America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Review of America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy

Post by Tony Official »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy" by Noel Terry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The election leading to the emergence of Donald Trump as the 45th US President was one that received tons of attention. For a while, the whole world waited with bated breath while it looked like the first female president of the US would emerge and shake the world. In his book America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy, Noel Terry, a journalist, hits on topics that have affected the US since Trump's presidential victory and his second running for the presidency.

Noel Terry, in his book, speaks on the making of Trump, the president of America, how he became a popular choice, his peculiar decisions, patriarchy in America, and how it affects society, especially the "Christian white male." In this book, the author also discusses the loss of employment as a result of artificial intelligence and women taking over the work industry. He talks about feminist trends, how women in different stations react to being feminists, and also the age-old idea of women marrying above their status in order to build a better life for themselves and their children. Is patriarchy more suited to the human community? Has feminism done much to better the survival conditions of women in society?

This book was a delightful read. The author's style of writing was interesting, interspersing formal language with humour and wit. It was also packed with a lot of information and facts, some dating many years ago. The author also added statistics which I liked a lot. There were references, as well as links to the articles used in the book for further reading. I found this really helpful. I also liked how the author included practical events and happenings to buttress his points. For example, Trump's repealing of perfectly sane laws, his violent tendencies as well as his obvious failure in fulfilling his promises. Also, the book included witty phrases for some situations. For instance, "erotic capital," "MASH," and "SAHM."

One thing I liked least about the book was the repetition of ideas. Some ideas were repeated in almost every chapter without much variation, and I found this tedious. For instance, the concept of "marrying up." It was repeatedly mentioned in practically every chapter, and it became a bit tiring.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I did enjoy reading this book, so I did not rate it lower, and I think others would like it as much as I did. I didn't find any grammatical errors in this book. So, it was exceptionally well edited.

I would recommend this book to any political enthusiast who enjoys American politics in particular and also to anyone who enjoys learning and gathering knowledge.

America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”