Review of Journal Your Way To Retirement

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Review of Journal Your Way To Retirement

Post by jennydelacruz »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Journal Your Way To Retirement" by Joan Marie Gagnon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Preparing for retirement can be both exciting and exhilarating. I used to believe that retirement planning was all about money—ensuring that one has enough resources to sustain one's lifestyle until the time comes to leave the world. Thanks to Journal Your Way To Retirement by Joan Marie Gagnon, I learned that it’s not all about funds.

This book helped me think about how I would like to spend the rest of my life if I am not working. Gagnon mentioned that a lot of us would think that this is going to be a long holiday. Nevertheless, this is not just a long vacation. It is not going to be all beaches, touring around the world, and having fun. We are no longer young to have these escapades.

When she mentioned that we needed to have a routine, I was honestly thinking, "Why? I’ve retired anyway. Why do I need to plan my day and set routines? I must live my life and do whatever I want, whenever I want." And then, it dawned on me. She’s right, and it totally made sense. If there is no plan or routine set, you will constantly think of what to do next, and it could be exhausting and probably depressing if you find nothing else to do. It could also wear us down to do the same thing every day.

Are you nearing your planned retirement age? Aside from finances, do you have a plan for how you intend to spend the rest of your life if you do not work? Grab this book and write down your plans to design a well-defined retirement life.

I enjoyed reading the book as it helped me open my mind about retirement. The book has pages for us to write our answers to the given scenarios and questions. This helps the reader filter all his wants and needs, all his priorities, and all that he thinks is valuable to him once he retires. We can gather the data from all our answers and draft the blueprint for our permanent long vacation.

The one thing I did not like about the book was the watermark. It is disturbing. They could’ve lightened it a little, so it wouldn’t distract me from reading. Other than that, there is nothing else that I didn’t like. I found no errors, no foul words, and no intimate content.

I highly recommend the book to anyone. Whether you are near retirement age or not, this will surely help everyone prepare for the future. The book is not religion-specific, which makes it versatile and everyone can read the book.

With all that is said, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I finished reading the book, but not with writing the journal . This will be my diary until I am near my retirement. Again, I would like to send my hugs and appreciation to the author for coming up with this book.

Journal Your Way To Retirement
View: on Bookshelves
Summer Henrietta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-henrietta.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Summer Henrietta »

This is an eye opener , I use to believe that retirement was all about your old age and how it is spent but now I know better.
Great review.
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

If there is no plan or routine set, you will constantly think of what to do next, and it could be exhausting and probably depressing if you find nothing else to do. It could also wear us down to do the same thing every day.
I like that this book approaches the subject of retirement in terms of activities and not just money. Many people who retire from their job still want to be active and involved in something that interests them. I think it's very worthwhile to have a plan. Good review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”