Review of The WORD Works...If You Work IT! From Poverty to PROMISE!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Review of The WORD Works...If You Work IT! From Poverty to PROMISE!

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The WORD Works...If You Work IT! From Poverty to PROMISE!" by Tammy McBride.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The WORD Works… If You Work IT! From Poverty to PROMISE!, Tammy McBride detailed how God has been faithful to her since she served as an Air Force officer. The primary purpose of this book is to share her testimonies of how God improved her financial status by speaking God's words to the situations in her life. She shared her experiences to stir readers' faith and challenge them to start working God's words in their lives because God's words can only work if you work them with faith.

This book indeed challenged me and fired up my faith. I am glad I read this book at this moment in my life. I want to say it is not a coincidence. If reading this review stirs your spirit, don't hesitate to get this book.

This book is 45 pages long, and short as it is, it is compelling. Tammy shared how the Lord had planned that she would work at the Air Force base closest to her parents and grandparents. Although this has been her desire, eventually, God used someone unexpected to make it work. I have found this to be true several times. As long as your intense desire is not selfish, God will make it come to pass. He can use anyone to fulfil his promises for our lives. You just have to be patient.

I like the kind of relationship that exists in her family. I desire the same for myself: the kind of love that pushes one another to be better. That makes one available for God to use them for the betterment of the whole family. There are two touching moments in this book for me—the moment when her grandmother's last two children came to greet her on her dying bed. What happened at that time was so touching. Also, the moment when her brother went all out for her to ensure she was okay, even with her depleting financial status. It is rare to see a sibling that would do all that without expecting something in return. I also like that she was able to reciprocate this gesture in her sister's situation.

One thing I took away from this book is that we cannot live life alone. We need our family and, most importantly, the words of God, which contain his promises for us. While taking God at his word, we also need to be patient. God is not a magician, and there is time for everything. He knows what we need but also wants us to depend on him, so we don't make fools of ourselves. She demonstrated this by writing down all of her desires and beginning to speak the words of God to them.

I found nothing to dislike about this book. It is exceptionally edited, for I did not see any errors. The book is well-formatted, and the delivery is friendly and relatable. It contains materials that Tammy reads that help boost her faith. The inclusion of high-definition pictures of her grandma's house, her house, and her prayer cloth brings out the book's beauty and realities. She also starts every chapter with Scriptures that capture the narrative in the chapter.

Because of the above points, I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to Christians who want to solidify their faith and know how to apply God's words to their situations. It will challenge them and boost their faith.

The WORD Works...If You Work IT! From Poverty to PROMISE!
View: on Bookshelves
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Charles Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-jeremiah.html
Latest Review: Now I See by Sandra Leon Gonzalez

Post by Charles Jeremiah »

A testimony we can be happy for a learn from. Reading this review was very insightful, and would capture me to read this book. Nice review. I'm grateful for this.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Her testimony of faith and life gives one the fuel to push on and never give up. There are a lot of downs in this life but they are unable to keep us down if we don't let. Lovely review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Okoliqueen18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okoliqueen18.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Okoliqueen18 »

We all need a firm faith to navigate our way through life especially in taking bold steps.
Your review portrays an insightful glimpse into the content of the book and I cannot wait to read it.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

Being a religious person, I have to read this book as it sounds very God-centered.
Chrity Edwin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrity-edwin.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chrity Edwin »

The word works wanders no doubt about that. Don't see the reasons why every believer would not embrace the word of God. Nice review.
Rita Nuncia
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-nuncia.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Rita Nuncia »

I have honestly come to understand that when things aren’t working out for you, it doesn’t mean God isn’t there for you. Sometimes the problem is that we don’t really desire and put in the effort to achieve the things we want. Determination and faith plays a large role.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Tammy McBride's story has encouraged me to continue working with God no matter the challenges of life. God is always faithful. Great review.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

Her testimony shows that God never fail. Working with God is just the best thing anyone can do nice review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

God works in ways we don't know. But, we sure knows that when we trust in him he wouldn't let us down. I find this book a perfect readd for me and will read it soon. Wonderful review Welldone!!!
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

This is a relatable read. And as you've said, Tammy's experience is soul-lifting. I believed you that you enjoyed this book
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

I'd love to read this too. There is often a lot of quoting of the word and an admonition of Christians to live godly lives, but usually no practical examples or step-by-step guides. This is a good one.
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

Tammy's faith in the God's word works a great breakthrough for her. This is a wonderful experience that encourages working with God. This is a great review
Hannah Mae Fabro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mae-fabro.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Hannah Mae Fabro »

This book sounds amazing but I think this book isn't for me. But I really enjoyed reading your review. It was wonderfully written. Thank you for such amazing review.
Niyi Briggs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niyi-briggs.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Niyi Briggs »

The Bible says that the word of God must always accomplish the purpose it was sent out. I love this book already. Reading this review already bolstered my faith.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”