Review of Love Will Lead Us Home

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Love Will Lead Us Home

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love Will Lead Us Home" by Rick Nichols.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How do we get transformed into our better selves? The transformation of our heart, soul, and spirit can only occur if we pursue it as an adventure. That is what it is. It's an adventure into a world of self-discovery and self-identity.

In Love Will Lead Us Home: Your Guide For the Journey, Rick Nichols revealed some of the deepest truths of finding the true reason and identity for living. By employing some fictional characters, poets, and ideologies, Rick guides us in discovering the truth about ourselves and how we can successfully navigate this journey of self-discovery and transformation. It also explained how affirmation could be a valuable tool in this journey.

Rick Nichols is simply brilliant. His wisdom is the first thing the reader gets to understand and discover from the beginning of this book. But he wasn't like this before. How did he attain this level of knowledge? Such were the facts he intends to share in this book. The book is not fictional, but he employed one of the most mysterious stories ever told to explain his ideas. The movie Wizard of Oz was instrumental in explaining the different segments of our beings.

Rick employed different allegorical facts to explain his concept. I didn't just believe how he could have used the major characters in the movie or book to discuss different emotional and personality constructs of people. The journey to the Land of Oz is typical of our journey to the discovery of our most profound treasures lying within us. The mastery in the use of symbolism is the beauty of this book, which is what I loved most about it.

Anyone can understand this book. In fact, the quote, "The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek," in the book by Joseph Campbell, lays the foundation for the actual message of the book. Rick revealed that there's more to stories than we see on the surface. This book was just brilliant to be ignored. Readers will get to understand that what we need to live better lives is built into our moral construct. As we discover this great force of love in us, it changes us drastically.

My only complaint against Love Will Lead Us Home: Your Guide For the Journey by Rick Nichols was that the book's pages seemed doubled. I would have to read each page number twice before moving to the next page. However, it seems this is basically from my device. But the book's beauty kept me going because I was eager to discover the truths about myself. Aside from this, I found no other complaints.

There were no errors in the review. It was exceptionally well edited. Love is the treasure in us. It is the path of truth and self-awareness. If you want to discover this treasure and how it transforms you, I recommend this book. Overall, I'll rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I have no reason whatsoever to reduce the rating.

Love Will Lead Us Home
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Niyi Briggs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niyi-briggs.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Niyi Briggs »

I love that cave quote. You have done a great job reviewing this book. That quote alone made me fall in love with this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”