Review of Insights from Inside

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Review of Insights from Inside

Post by Azubike Richard »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Insights from Inside" by Alan W. Wintermute.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There are a lot of commercial vehicle laws regulating truck drivers in Canada. Given his experience as a former mechanic and paralegal, the author outlined driver's ordeals and provided tips that may be used to remedy such situations. The author understood most drivers have poor legal knowledge. The author compiled several toolkits drivers may employ as a checklist for violating laws and driving better.

Insights from Inside by Alan W. Wintermute is a book about different vehicle laws. Transportation has helped human beings. We can move from one place to another through various transport means. There are laws governing the transportation system. These laws are essential because they guide vehicle users. The author used this book to show readers different laws guiding the usage of vehicles.

The book has some positive sides. The book was educative. I love how the author was detailed in writing the piece. The author explained all terms used in the book. It made the book very simple and easy to understand. For instance, on page 138, the author defines commercial carriers. The author wrote the full meaning of all abbreviations used in the book. For example, on page 138, the author wrote the full meaning of the NSC (National Safety Code). I love how the author discusses laws. Laws are vital. Any organisation without laws would not succeed. This book shows the importance of laws in society. Laws serve as a guide to human beings.

The book has some negative sides. There are a few external links in the piece. For instance, on page 475, the author added a link to a website. Those links distracted me while reading. The book has a few errors. I want the author to correct the errors in the book. The book may be technical for someone who is not a truck driver, primarily through vocabulary. The piece is specific to an industry. The author analysed industrial laws in the book. A person without a legal background may find it difficult to understand.

The author did a good job. I learned a lot about the transportation system. I learned the importance of maintenance from the book. I found a few mistakes in the book, so it is professionally well-edited. Due to my negative sides, I would rate it 3 out of 4 stars and recommend the book to anyone who wants to read about different Canadian laws governing vehicle usage.

Insights from Inside
View: on Bookshelves
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

This is an interesting and fund to read book. I learned about different car laws in Canada. The author used experience and his knowledge in transport system in writing this book. Quality review
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

This book is as niche as they come. It is best suited for truck drivers in Canada who might want to know the ins and outs of the law pertaining to their trade. The book would be such a helpful tool to such an audience. But I would pass on it.
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nwoko E »

This seems like quite a very educative book. Can't wait to read!
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

It's so thoughtful of the author to write a book concerning commercial vehicles laws for drivers, this book is a must read for Canadian drivers
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Insights from Inside by Alan W. Wintermute discussed how a driver's experience helped make driving laws. I will sure read this because I drive. Thanks for the review.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

So if I intend to go to Canada, this book is like an head start to Canada driving laws... Nice. Thanks for the review.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

Although I don't drive in Canada, this book seems to have educational legal knowledge. Great review.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

This is an educative book that will be helpful to car drivers. They will learn the laws guiding driving in Canada and how not to break them. Congrats on the insightful review.
Luchris Curtis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-curtis.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by Luchris Curtis »

The author's writing style is intriguing and unique. This book talks about solutions that can be done in the case of vehicle laws in Canada. Thanks for your honest review.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

I’m still trying to get the books direction and what it’s really about but it seems interesting.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

The book is quite an educative read. The author employs his experience as a mechanic and paralegal to provide insight into vehicle laws in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. I'm sure I will find this book helpful.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

The author must have been very thorough. Laws on a particular issues can be vast and complex, and driving and road laws are no exception. Drivers in Canada will find this book especially helpful since it touches on the Canadian legal system.
Davy Ifedigbo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-davy-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Small Business, Big Stress: A Practical Guide to Managing the Chaos and Finding Success by Niki Reiche

Post by Davy Ifedigbo »

This book is incredibly specialized, catering specifically to Canadian truck drivers seeking comprehensive knowledge about the legal aspects of their profession. It serves as an invaluable resource tailored to meet the needs of this specific audience. However, personally, I would choose not to engage with it.
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

Though the author's main focus is for drivers in Canada, there are important tips that drivers in other locations too can use.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”