Review of Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process" by Diana Donnelly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process by Diana Donnelly was a seven-step guide for people on the journey towards purchasing a home for themselves. The author drew from her years of experience to educate readers on what they need to know and consider when they want to buy a house. The author touched on how to choose the right house and location, the factors to consider in choosing the most desirable location for a house, mortgage, and many other things.

The book was an ordered set of guidelines and informed advice drawn from the author's experience to assist readers interested in becoming house owners. The tips and guidelines ranged from the essential apparent facts, like possessing a high credit score, choosing a mortgage plan, and finding the right estate agent, to seemingly minute factors that could be easily overlooked, like checking whether a buyer's furniture would fit or whether the house has proper ventilation. The steps and information provided were succinct. Readers would be left feeling more confident to pursue their desires to own a house because of the knowledge they would obtain. The author provided insider tips on the hacks of the system, as the author had worked in the real estate industry for many years.

This book is one of those resources meant for keeps because of its practicality. It may seem daunting for those on their first house-purchasing journey. But this book, with its step-by-step approach, will help simplify the entire process. It is an insightful piece on the basic knowledge one should have about common concepts, like mortgages and the responsibilities of owning a house, its maintenance, and paying taxes. Readers will be better prepared for what is ahead and not just get carried away by the exhilaration of being a house owner. The author includes websites that will help home buyers, like where to check reviews on real estate agents and where to look up foreclosure listings.

Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process is an invaluable resource. The information in it is not the kind that is taught in schools. It will go a long way to empower first-time home buyers with knowledge to navigate the real estate market with zero or few mistakes.

A few errors were found in the book, but they were not enough to fault the editing. I found every part of this book enlightening, and there was nothing to dislike. I'd recommend it to readers who are in the process of buying a house or have the intention to purchase one in the future. Finally, I'd rate Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process four out of four stars.

Essential Advice for Buying Your First Home and Navigating through the Mortgage Loan Process
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

Attempting to buy a home can be a Herculean task. But attempting to buy a house when you have no knowledge or understanding of how the market works and other factors can set you up for failure and dissatisfaction. This book is a must-read for people planning to purchase a house.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

Buying a home is a priority for me this year. I guess then I must read this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”