Review of Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead" by Eric and Alexandra Right.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Higher Connections by Eric and Alexandra Right is a book based purely on research and personal experience. Eric, under a pen name, shares his personal experience with marijuana and how it helped him change for the better by making deeper connections with people, especially his wife, Alexandra (Alexandra is a pen name too). The writer took us through his journey of soul searching and self-awareness, which was aided by marijuana. The writer made sound arguments backed up by research on the concept of the third eye, the simulation theory and dispersing theory. The writer hopes that through this book, the readers also get to experience and understand deeper and meaningful connections.

What I consider as the chief positive aspect of this book is that aside from it being centered on the writer's experience, I see this book as a medium that encourages people to come out more, to be more in tune with themselves and not be afraid to discover things on their own rather than living under the dictates of society(in this case religion). I also liked how flexible the book was. It felt like you could see and hear the writer. For such a serious book, I must also commend the humour and sarcasm employed, and it was dispersed perfectly.

This may not be considered as much of a negative aspect, but I think it would have been better if the writer also shared his experiences from his children's point of view. Though they are not of age, I feel like it would go a long way in helping families that want to adopt the same methods as him, families who are probably with much older children. This is because what society says about marijuana is different from what the writer says, so in order to avoid conflicts and alterations of views, I believe this would go a long way. The science jargon also got overwhelming, and then you would be left wondering what the actual profession of the writer was, but this only shows that due diligence was carried out in the writing of this book. I also wish that the writer would use an indicator for the end of Alexandra's Note and Eric's Note. That way, one wouldn't have to backtrack as a result of the confusion.

Despite the minute errors and the fact that I did not agree with a few of his theories and speculations, I still give this book 4 out of 4 stars because of how sound and well-articulated the writers' theories were.

I recommend it to people with agnostic views, open-minded people, lovers of science that believe in the big bang theory over the creation story in the Bible, those seeking deeper and higher connections and maybe weed(marijuana) lovers.

Higher Connections- Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead
View: on Bookshelves
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Trusting People by Guy De Furia Ph D

Post by Vivian Writes »

Wow. I would absolutely love to read the author’s thoughts and personal experience with marijuana. Society condemns marijuana, so it is pleasantly surprising to see someone use it not just recreationally but to even improve their life and social connections.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

The subject of marijuana is getting traction these days. It's good that this book shares the author's experience in relation to the drug. Thanks for the review.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

This is a very unique and interesting thing to write about. The concept seems fresh and if it’s written properly, I’ll enjoy this book. I’m curious to hear what Eric has to say, and I’m eager to read his opinions and see his line of thoughts.
Стоян Василев
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-o-ac-e.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Стоян Василев »

Im in love with the premise of this book! You could really learn a lot related to connections with people and the deeper meanings behind concepts.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting book based purely on research and personal experience of the writer and his journey of soul searching and self-awareness, which was aided by marijuana. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review.
Setshego Motsilinyane
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-setshego-motsilinyane.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Setshego Motsilinyane »

As an ex-smoker of weed(marijuana) I would like to read the book and hear from the writer's experience but I think we will share the same experience.
Andre0001
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Andre0001 »

This issue of marijuana and the likes, it has now becomes other of the day. This book real talks about the advantages and disadvantages.
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1427
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Thank you for the helpful review! You did a great job!! I agree with you about the info regarding the children's POV; I think it would have helped reach a wider audience. Either way, awesome work!

Today's BOTD is a nonfiction book about how one couple was able to make deeper, more meaningful connections with one another and the world around them with the help of cannabis. Filled with personal stories and reasoning, readers who enjoy books about self-discovery, improved relationships, and building your own path to happiness may want to give this one a try. Thanks again!
Peace Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

‪This nonfiction book seem to be to an interesting one. I love the cover page of the book. I would love to add it to my bookshelves so I can read it later. Congrats on the book of the day.‬
Sijuola
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sijuola »

I actually would love to read this book, the fact that marijuana is now a really common thing amongst youths. I am interested in entering the journey this book offers.
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 528
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

In the book "Higher Connections - Humor and Inspiration from a Certified Public Pothead" by Eric and Alexandra Right, the authors lead readers to soul searching with the help of marijuana. The authors supported their arguments with the help of dispersing theory and simulation theory.
Annas Felix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annas-felix.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Annas Felix »

I've always been a firm believer in the concept of connecting with your inner self to become more. I like that this book stresses this concept. Great job.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Post by Christell Lindeque »

This book is about the author's personal experience with marijuana and his soul searching as well as self-awareness. Great review.
Tokede Kolawole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokede-kolawole.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Tokede Kolawole »

Interesting concept laid out in this book: Marijuana as a stimulator for getting in tune with oneself and making deeper connection with one's family. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”