Review of The Voice of Silence

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Review of The Voice of Silence

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Voice of Silence" by Ephraim Kholmyansky.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ephraim Alexander Kholmyansky was born in Moscow, and he was a Jew. Being a Jew in Moscow was hard, and one had to face mockery. He didn't know he was a Jew because they kept no Jewish traditions in his family house, but then he found out when his mother was asked during a government census, and he felt damaged. He learns of the Jew in Isreal and how they're treated nicely. He then gets determined to go there by learning Hebrew and applying, but he gets rejected. He loses his job, and he starts teaching Hebrew to get by but also does menial jobs on the side.

He began doing underground networks for the Hebrews, Zionists, and the Jew but the KGB weren't having any of it. He gets trailed by them, and they eventually arrest him after they planted weapons in his apartment. He holds a prolonged hunger strike while kept in prison. Due to this, he gets a shorter sentence, but he continues. Do you think all will work out for him?

The Voice of Silence by Ephraim Alexander Kholmyansky is an interesting piece of the life of the author. There was absolutely nothing to dislike about this book. I loved how the author wasn't relentless in getting whatever he wanted. His view of love for family and friends and compassion for prisoners is one to be reckoned with. This book cannot be said to be slow-paced or fast-paced. It had the perfect pace.

The prominent of them all was the author's beautiful narrative technique. I was extremely hooked from the first page. His realistic description of the protests and his suffering was remarkable. I could not help but reckon with him in the pain and suffering he went through to get his aim. Certainly, he did an excellent job. I loved how he stood up for himself and how he adapted to his situation. I must say, the author did an exceptional job. I did not find any errors in the book as it was exceptionally well edited.

The book was an amazing read. As a result, I rate it four out of four stars. I didn't remove any stars because I enjoyed this one.

I recommend this book to adults and teenagers. It contains a lot of information that could be useful to them. I also recommend it to people who feel discouraged about pursuing whatever they want in life.

The Voice of Silence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Is disheartening to see people being discriminated against by their tribe, color, or country. I’m glad the author didn't give up on his goal because he was being discriminated against. Thanks for the insightful review.
Ugonna Nworka
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Spirit-Controlled Temperament
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ugonna-nworka.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Ugonna Nworka »

Writing about oneself is not as easy as people may want to believe, so, it is indeed a remarkable thing to encounter an author that can pull if off. I sure would love to read how Ephraim will rise from all the challenges he faced.

Thanks for this helpful review. :tiphat:
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

What a great written review! Even I am now wondering what Ephraim went through and how he came out at the end. This sounds like a book where you will learn a lot and is full of emotion.
Francis O 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Francis O 3 »

I will like to read the book myself as it sounds challenging writing about oneself.
Good review we have here.
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

The story the author writes is so exciting and interesting that you would wonder if it wasn't made up. I look forward to reading this.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I hope Ephraim will going out of harsh life. This book sounds interesting to read. I would love to grab a copy of it. Great review by the way.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”