Review of Touching The Source

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Review of Touching The Source

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Touching The Source" by Eugene Dickerson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Touching the Source by Eugene Dickerson is a fascinating book detailing the author’s metaphysical experiences. In the book, the author describes his personal experiences with “The Source.” This refers to the entity most people describe as God. The author uses many different names to refer to “The Source,” including “The Spirit” and “The Higher Self.” Dickerson identified the moment he believes started his mystical experiences with “The Source.” He recalled a time in his life when he felt helpless and filled with fear. He prayed to God for help through this difficult time. Shortly after this crucial moment, he began to have metaphysical experiences. These included premonitions, out-of-body experiences, and guidance from a higher source.

The author described each of his experiences in detail. He described the experience, how he felt during it, and what he learned from it. There are also illustrations in the book to assist readers in visualizing the situations Dickerson described. For example, he described leaving his physical body and traveling to a different time or place. He vividly detailed each location and the emotional impact he felt. In addition to descriptions of these unique experiences, Dickerson gave advice and recommendations for a happier and more fulfilling life. For example, he discussed manifestation and how you can impact your life by focusing on things you don’t want. If you are focusing what you don’t want, you may unintentionally manifest it into your life. Focus only on positive thoughts and benefits that you want to bring into your life.

I was captivated by this book. The author’s descriptions of his experiences were engaging. I was easily able to visualize his experiences. He detailed several out-of-body experiences and what he learned through that exercise. He seemed to gain confidence in himself and his abilities as he engaged in these spiritual activities more and more. It is hard to imagine the author experiencing the degree of pain and self-doubt he described when he first asked God for help. He is confident in his spiritual experiences and conveys the details to readers in a very sincere way. He stated that he doesn’t follow any organized religion. As I read the book, I felt a reader of any religion could appreciate this book. Even if a reader has no specific religious beliefs, the spiritual aspects of the book and the advice the author provides are beneficial to everyone.

What I liked most about this book is that the author explained his experiences in a detailed and thoughtful way. He stated from the beginning of the book that readers had the choice of believing him or not. He didn’t try to persuade readers to accept his point of view. He asked readers to decide for themselves. He is also very relatable. He presented himself as an ordinary person with extraordinary experiences. Readers will appreciate his honesty and the lessons he has learned through his experiences. There was nothing that I disliked about this book.

I only saw one error in the book, so I believe it was professionally edited. I recommend it to readers who are interested in metaphysical and spiritual experiences. It would also appeal to readers searching for meaning in their lives and guidance on how to attract positivity. I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I wouldn’t give it any less than a perfect score because it is a fascinating and detailed account of the author’s experiences.

Touching The Source
View: on Bookshelves
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Reawakening the magic volume 1 by Claire De Voyant

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

This seems like a really fascinating read. I actually live it when authors illustrate their experiences vividly for readers to follow keenly.
A nice Review
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

I think if the author really does believe in God, he will be straightforward in his description of God and will also know what exactly he’s having encounters with. Thank you for your review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”