Review of One Bad Break

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Re: Review of One Bad Break

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

It's quite unfortunate that the author's parents whom he wrote the book passed away before he finished writing it. Great lessons and experience to draw from this publication. Thank you for an amazing review!
Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-obioma-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Choices by Ogonna Juliet Nnamani

Post by Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji »

I cannot relate to the feeling of trying to feel a void with regard to sports, but I have felt it in regards to someone I loved. I feel I will appreciate this book.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Edit_or wrote: 27 Sep 2022, 23:43 I can only imagine how minnett coped during the break period. Nice review you got here.

It was a tough time, to be sure. But after an adjustment period, the author was resilient.

Thank you for your comment.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Omega_01 wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 04:20 It's quite unfortunate that the author's parents whom he wrote the book passed away before he finished writing it. Great lessons and experience to draw from this publication. Thank you for an amazing review!
Yes, it was unfortunate that the author's parents never saw the finished product, but now, many more lives can be touched by his story.

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your comment!
Rosa Parks
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Chiwelite Obioma Mgbeoji wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 07:27 I cannot relate to the feeling of trying to feel a void with regard to sports, but I have felt it in regards to someone I loved. I feel I will appreciate this book.
Although the relationships are different, having experienced both, I can say the hurt is intense in each situation. I don't think anything can match losing a relationship with someone you love, but particularly in team sports, one mourns the loss of playing the sport as well as the loss of the connection with teammates. The author reflects on this numbness well.

Thank you for your comment. I enjoyed your visit.
Rosa Parks
Natalie Sheph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-sheph.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Natalie Sheph »

We all have our ups and downs, the main character's life seems interesting, but a few bad decisions seem to drag him down the drain. Thanks for your amazing review.
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Natalie Sheph wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 14:17 We all have our ups and downs, the main character's life seems interesting, but a few bad decisions seem to drag him down the drain. Thanks for your amazing review.
He did get distracted by some bad decisions, but it seems that he learned from his mistakes and, fortunately, never went down the drain. :)

Thank you for your visit and your comment.
Rosa Parks
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

Great review and insight. To overcome adversity suffered at such a young age can only be admired. Thank you for also sharing some of your own experiences relative to this story.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This is an inspiring story. I can only imagine the pain that comes with someone losing a sport that's a part of them. It's sad that he lost his parents before he could finish writing this book for them. Thanks for your wonderful review!

P.S: Yes, you write excellent reviews. I can only hope to write as well someday.
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

C Janet wrote: 02 Oct 2022, 16:00 This is an inspiring story. I can only imagine the pain that comes with someone losing a sport that's a part of them. It's sad that he lost his parents before he could finish writing this book for them. Thanks for your wonderful review!

P.S: Yes, you write excellent reviews. I can only hope to write as well someday.
I appreciate that the author chose to share his story with the world after his intended audience sadly decreased in size. His experiences will no doubt encourage others.

Thank you for your visit and your kind comment. I am humbled by your words, C Janet. 🌻
Rosa Parks
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

It must have really been hard for the author to adjust to the fact that he won't be playing his beloved sport, and losing his parents before they got to read the book must have been painful for him. Your review is well written. Great review
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Covenant Morolayo Olusegun wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 05:00 It must have really been hard for the author to adjust to the fact that he won't be playing his beloved sport, and losing his parents before they got to read the book must have been painful for him. Your review is well written. Great review
It was an interesting turn of events that resulted in this book being published. The author's story and determination were inspiring.

Thank you for your comment.
Rosa Parks
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

This is a good book to read. One will learn one or two things in reconnecting with the passion one once loose touch with. However, I wish the author would work on the negs pointed out by the reviewer.
MsH2k
Currently Reading:

Post by MsH2k »

Ambrose John wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 09:35 This is a good book to read. One will learn one or two things in reconnecting with the passion one once loose touch with. However, I wish the author would work on the negs pointed out by the reviewer.
The reader will definitely learn one or two things from the author's experience. Thank you for stopping by to check out this book. I appreciate your comment.
Rosa Parks
Tabitha Hennagan
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabitha-hennagan.html
Latest Review: Dreamer by Loretta Kendall

Post by Tabitha Hennagan »

Reading this review takes me back to the days when I lived basketball more than all other things. I simply entered a time in my life when adulting took over and basketball lost its hold on me. I am interested to walk with the author on his path of basketball losing its hold and then regaining the passion to get back out on the court. Awesome review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”