Review of life lessons of wayne 2 Thinking at the level of the Logos

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Review of life lessons of wayne 2 Thinking at the level of the Logos

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "life lessons of wayne 2 Thinking at the level of the Logos" by "Shawn Wayne" Swearingen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Many people are the author of their misfortunes. They keep complaining, filling themselves with negativity, and never being positive. They talk carelessly about their conditions and realise they keep getting to the lowest of the lows. Only if they can read or listen to someone who would open their eyes to the harm they have done to themselves and help them align themselves with what the universe has to offer them.

Life Lessons of Wayne II Thinking at the level of the LOGOS! is a perfect book for this set of people. Wayne highlights his personal experience in turning his life around in this book. He was always negative about his condition and the people around him. Then one day, Wayne started reading self-help books that changed his thought patterns. He found that this helped him change the course of his life and wrote this book to share what he had learned and experienced. Wayne first defined what Logos is. He related Logos to the doctrine of some religions and established that what they taught was similar to this Logos. The author discussed the origin of Logos. He established that Heraclitus was the first philosopher to write about Logos. Wayne talked about life's harmony and abundance. He then discussed, in detail, three techniques to ensure people align with Logos.

The author defined what Logos is and clearly explained what a universe is in the context of this book. The natural order of Logos (Word) is good. So, when we failed to go by this natural order, then things changed. Going out of natural order is influenced by our thoughts. The author debunked that action is the first step to achievement, but a positive thought is the first step. I agreed with him. The first step is a change in thought, a shift in mindset. Then that will spur the person into action.

The author opines that evil does not exist independently, but people stray from the Logos and become evil. I took a cue from what happened in the Garden of Eden. Eve strayed from what God called good and embraced what was deemed bad. This singular action injected evil and wickedness into the world. He also related our interaction with Logos to cause and effect.

The author believes that we must understand what evil is before we can work to overcome it. The author thinks that both good and evil are innate. This could also be supported by free will, where you choose what you do with what you have. Just like you choose between right and wrong, good and evil, if you choose to live outside of the Logos, then all that you have will be evil, and your life will be in turmoil because you have chosen to live outside the norms of the universe, which are all good.

Stop complaining, keep living, keep moving, and fill your mind with positive thoughts. It reminds me of what I read in The Secret. Thoughts are like waves that you use to communicate with the universe. Whatever you send to the universe is what it will deliver to your door, whether positive thoughts or negative thoughts. The author opined that one could achieve many things through this positive thinking, including healing from a disease. However, one needs to eliminate negative emotions like unforgiveness (of oneself and others), bitterness, and resentment. These things can hinder the process and make one suffer more.

After digging deep into how positive thinking works in harmony with Logos to provide us with what we need, the author provided techniques to go about it. My favourite of the techniques is Visualisation. I have always done this, but his strategy or procedure for achieving this is unique to what I know.

I appreciate the title being on every new page; however, it is too big and distracting. It can be smaller and still serve the same effect. Also, the chapters are too small and distracting. I recommend starting the chapters on a new page, centred for easy identification. The writing style is flawless. It is engaging and relatable. The communication is direct and on point. Therefore, I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I rated it three stars because of the number of errors and other negative points mentioned. I recommend this book to those who want to renew their mind and thought processes. This worthy self-help book can help rekindle once-found faith in positive confessions and declarations.

life lessons of wayne 2 Thinking at the level of the Logos
View: on Bookshelves
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

Indeed we are the authors of our problems. I hope this book creates the same impact other books had on Wayne. This is a good book.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I find it hard to trust and I'm also negative about people as well. I look forward to reading this book as I'm ready to improve my general wellbeing. Insightful review.
Breedbee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breedbee.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Breedbee »

One of the things humans have failed to realize is the power of their thoughts and tongue. This book is really helpful and I will love to read it. Wonderful review!
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

It's interesting how much damage negative thoughts can do to a person's life. I will like to read this book to cleanse myself of any that I might have. Great review
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

Wayne is a character everyone should emulate. He realized he was the only one that could change his life and made actions toward it.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

Positivity indeed attracts good things. No matter what the challenge is we should be positive and things will turn around. Thanks for the insightful review.
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Quite confusing yet intriguing. It's true that we can be the reason for our own problems, what more does this book say on that? The title is astonishing and was the first thing to raise an eyebrow for me. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book shows the importance of reading and how it’s enhances the mind. Great book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”