Review of Another Time memoir

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of Another Time memoir

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Another Time memoir" by Weldon Clears.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The life of Weldon Clears is described in his book, Another Time memoir. In 1947, Clears was born in New York City. He enjoys exploring new places and taking on new experiences. He was born during the Vietnam War. In his memoir, the author describes being drafted into the Vietnam War and his attempts to resist enlistment. Clears has worked numerous odd jobs as well as white-collar jobs. Follow the author as he tells the story of his early 1990s adventure.

This is a captivating story that captured my interest. I admire Clears' way of life. He makes the most of each moment and lives in the now. The author tells the tale of his life in New York City in the 1990s, a time when conditions were substantially different from those in use today. Thanks to his superb writing, I had the impression that I was traveling the world with him, visiting numerous cities, towns, and villages. As we read about the author's life, he was direct and truthful. His strengths and weaknesses are shown to us, including his Newport Beach arrest, his romantic life, and his capacity for situational adaptation.

I was able to understand life in the 1990s through the author's eyes, and I concluded that those were better times than the current era we live in now. After reading Clears's story, I felt like I was missing out on a lot of things. And I realized that I haven't experienced many intriguing things. His memoir has inspired me to rewrite the story of my life. I will state that the author is an optimist and a risk-taker. He had no idea what he was getting into when he started boxing at a young age, but he was prepared to give it everything he had, even though he constantly bled from the nose when he took a hit. Furthermore, he was unaware of what a marathon event was, but he nonetheless entered and ran in the New York City Marathon while his friend Peter doubted his ability to do so. The author has traveled much during his life as an explorer. In addition to Haiti, he has visited Paris and Egypt.

The author's active social life is what I find most endearing about the book. Because of his friendliness, he makes many acquaintances who later turn out to be of great assistance to him. I adore the book's illustrations as well. It helped me quickly picture what the author was portraying. One of the themes readers should benefit from is the author's uniqueness as a person who lived his life to the fullest. Life is precious, and each day counts. It is now up to us to utilize it effectively.

There is nothing in this book I found unappealing. The book is well-written, and readers have a lot to learn from the author’s story. As a result, I rate the book four out of four stars. The book is exceptionally well edited. I found no errors in it. I recommend this gripping story to readers who enjoy stories set in the 1990s. The book will transport the reader back in time.

Another Time memoir
View: on Bookshelves
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

I think life in the 1990s is better than life in this generation. Weldon has motivated me also to live for the moment. Thanks for the insightful review.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

This really triggered me," I was able to understand life,in the 1900s through the author's eyes.i must grab my own copy and read.thanks for your review.you did a great job.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

It is quite interesting to read about events in times past. The early 1990s was a time of major evolutions around the world. The author has written well.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I love this author, she was able to open up about her life and uses it to teach people the way to go. Great review.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

Although reading about the events of the 1990s isn't what I like, I'm curious to know how he survived the Vietnam war. Thanks and great job on the review.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Ruth Omonegho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-omonegho.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ruth Omonegho »

What a fine book. The author's ability to quickly make acquaintances is admirable but it also calls for caution. There are many great things that happened in the early 1990s before the wars came along, just like the author's life has shown.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

This is an interesting book, I like how the author uses her life as an example to teach others nice reviews. I would like to read this intriguing book.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Telling a story about the 1990s? That sounds interesting interesting another thing I find interesting is the author's social life , people with social life tend to have many acquitances. Life is truly short
Adeolaoskydeelight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeolaoskydeelight.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Adeolaoskydeelight »

This is an interesting memoir, I like how the author was able to show his strength and weakness through the write up. Nice review
Chukwuemeka obinka Mathew
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chukwuemeka obinka Mathew »

This is an well writen essay, I like how the author was able to show his energy and weakness through the write up. Nice review
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

I can imagine how tough it would have been to be born during a war. I think this memoir might be worth reading. Nice review.. Awesome book
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Another Time memoir by Weldon Clears portrays the life of the author in the 1990s. From doing odd jobs to being enlisted in the Vietnam war. This book has life lessons. Thanks for the great review.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

Weldon Clears' biography Another Time describes his experiences in the 1990s. starting with various jobs and ending up in the Vietnam War. This book contains lessons for life. I appreciate the excellent review.
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

The fact that the author always tried to prevent being enlisted for war has some humor in it. You did a good job with the review. Great review
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”