Review of Timeless Beings

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Unsung Hero by Margaret Best

Review of Timeless Beings

Post by Vivian Writes »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Timeless Beings" by Andrew J. Miller.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Where do people go when they die? What does the Bible say about Rapture, and can human beings truly live forever and become the timeless beings that God created us to be? When God created the first man, Adam, He intended for us to have eternal life and an intimate relationship with Him. But sin drove the human race away from God. However, God sent Jesus Christ, the savior of mankind, to redeem the world through His suffering on the cross. In Timeless Beings, Andrew J. Miller explains the meaning of God’s love while uncovering the intention of God through the examining provisions of the Bible. He also shines a light on the Trinity as one God and the timelessness of God and, by extension, humans.

From the onset, Miller stated that this is not an argumentative book, and it did not set out to prove the existence of God through logic or science since many other books have done just that. Instead, this book is an exercise in faith. I found it empowering that the author reassured readers that he does not have all the answers. Instead, he backed every statement he made with the Bible. His interpretation of the creation story will have some readers in deep thought. Did creation happen under seven twenty-four-hour days, or did the Bible mean it differently? These deep questions and other revelations are what readers will have to delve into. And there is no better faith work for believers than to reflect on such tough questions.

The parts about the sacrifices of Jesus Christ on the cross, the relation of all his injuries, and the explanation of His resurrection were the most profound parts of the book. The author revealed a lot of things about the Bible. Miller's dedication to studying the Bible was evident. There are some misconceptions about Jesus’ birth, his upbringing, his death, and his relationship with the Father in the Trinity. And the author addresses these topics fairly extensively. Readers who want to gain a deeper understanding of the Bible will find this book relevant.

However, readers who do not share the same deep-seated faith may not be able to relate to the author’s teachings, as they seemed to be directed at an audience with a fairly advanced knowledge of the Bible and Christianity. I have some knowledge of the Bible, but some things he explained, especially regarding the Trinity, were confusing to me. Also, the author made comments like “Though our primary aim is to lead people to the saving grace that is found in and through our Lord and Savior Jesus who is the Christ, we must realize that there is a difference between a believer and an unbeliever and a born-again Christian who is still a baby in Christ.”

My biggest issue with this book was the number of errors I found, which leads me to believe that it did not receive professional editing. The author expressed that this was not an argumentative book. But when he explained the creation story, there seemed to be so much logic at play that it did not seem like faith was leading that chapter. While this can be disconcerting for some believers, it can serve as a discussion for readers who want to dig as deep as they can into the Bible. But I cannot say that it provided much understanding since the said chapter still ended on an inconclusive note. My rating is 3 out of 4, considering the errors.

Timeless Beings
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

As a Christian, I like to read books like this. It adds to my knowledge. Honestly, I am lazy to read the Bible but this book seems short and easy to read. Looking forward to flipping pages for this book. Thanks for the great review!
Dirk Jacobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dirk-jacobs.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Dirk Jacobs »

The Holy Trinity always fascinated me which makes me want to dive into this book and hopefully, it will make me understand it better thanks to this review.
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by maycherono91 »

A beautiful book . As a Christian, I know I will find this book really intriguing. Great review too!
Oluoma Chukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-chukwu.html
Latest Review: Lady Justice and The Company by Maury Berthon

Post by Oluoma Chukwu »

Your review has sparked a lot of questions within myself on the reality after what we have known to be reality here. I always wondered as a boy what would happen to me if I died and where do we go. although the bible provides insight, I still have a lot of questions.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The existence of God and all that he created is a mystery. No matter how much we try to find answers to questions been end up being more confused. Your review on this book is detailed. Welldone!!!
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

Great review. You gave a good description of the author's stance and what the book entails. The Bible and its teachings speak differently to a variety of people. A book like this could give some people insight and get them thinking.
Treasure Elendu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-treasure-elendu.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Treasure Elendu »

I'm beginning to think there is a different way creation happened. Your review is so honest and now I can't wait to pick this.. Nice review, thanks for writing.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

Looks like a book I should get myself because there are some grey areas about the creation story that I will need clarified.
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Woe I love your review and will certainly grab a copy of this book to read. Then, will I drop a more alluring comment on your review thanks for the great review
Hakeem nuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakeem-nuel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hakeem nuel »

This is an interesting Christian book. I’ll love to add it to my bookshelves.
Wamala Elijah Mul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliwamala.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Wamala Elijah Mul »

Your analysis is well-considered. God's word (the Bible) is very important in our lives, even more so than the words of any other author, including this one. The natural man does not understand the word of God, so we must constantly pray for the Holy Spirit to guide us (1 Corinthians 2:14). Each review question must be answered in light of this one. Once again, I appreciate your feedback.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.
Eddy E
Currently Reading: In the Meantime
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-e.html
Latest Review: Sena's Black Ross by Linda k jones

Post by Eddy E »

This is a beautiful review. Being one that shares the same faith, it is definately a must read for me
Thank you
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I love how this book increases our faith in God. I equally admire how the author is trying not to force his opinion on his readers. God is mysterious and some things will be kept hidden until the day of reckoning. Nice review!
Agbata Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

I have not read this book, but I have read lots of books about creation and man's existence. The fact that this book is directed toward faith gives it a unique nature and surely will be a great read for me. Congrats on your published review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”