Review of Rooting For Faith In A Faithless Era

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Review of Rooting For Faith In A Faithless Era

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rooting For Faith In A Faithless Era" by R.Paris.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In a time when faith in God seems to be dwindling, R. Paris strongly remains on the side of faith and offers his book, Rooting For Faith In A Faithless Era, to the world, with the hope of awakening readers to the significance of faith in our lives. This task is anything but easy, however. The first question to ask revolves around why people have lost faith and distanced themselves from the beliefs of the generations before us. Could it be a result of our continued reliance on science to explain events that are not of the physical realm but of the spiritual realm? In helping us to figure it out, R. Paris takes us through the origin and evolution of religion while highlighting the role that faith in a higher power has played throughout history and still plays today.

This is such an important read that comprises a lot of relevant messages for us in recent times. The author has done well to acknowledge the problem and approach it from a holistic perspective, critically examining all aspects of the world's depreciating faith, especially when it comes to the conflict between science and religion. He also cites the story of Francis Collins, the atheist scientist who later became a devout Christian, as an example of how science and religion can find common ground.

The author raises a lot of thought-provoking questions as well, especially revolving around how we expect science to explain the paranormal. I have even had my doubts about aspects of religion and faith because of science, but this book helped me to see things from a different perspective. I also noticed that we do not spend time probing the areas that science has gotten wrongly in history, and R. Paris also references this. The book is not just about pitting faith against science, however, as the author even appreciates the advancements that have explained several physical phenomena, but it is more about identifying a problem while highlighting the role science, technology, and modern teachings have played in causing this problem to set humanity on a better path.

It was also eye-opening to see the various similarities that different religions, even ancient ones, have, especially when I considered that a lot of civilizations were not in contact with each other before the introduction of technology. I also liked how well the author highlighted the benefits of faith and religion, especially focusing on the value of community that they offer. It was also impressive to see that he backed most of his points up with real-life examples and studies while referencing several notable figures and journals like Dr. Robert Asher, Mark Mattes, Ph.D., and The Medical Journal of Australia.

Concerning editing, some professional effort was put into Rooting For Faith In A Faithless Era. I found some errors in the text, but they were minor and few and far between. I can not think of much to dislike about this book. However, I would have appreciated some examples when the author mentioned that all supposed contradictions in the Bible had been explained by scholars.

Besides this, the book was a flawless read. On that note, I rate Rooting For Faith In A Faithless Era five out of five stars. Readers who want to improve their connections with nature and God will benefit from this book. It will significantly help you to strengthen your faith, especially in these times when you need it the most.

Rooting For Faith In A Faithless Era
View: on Bookshelves
Tebugeleni Ndwandwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebugeleni-ndwandwe.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tebugeleni Ndwandwe »

This book sounds like exactly what the world needs right now. I am definitely interested in reading it. nice review
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

I love the work of the author on the revelation of faith.
We live in a world where science have taken over the knowledge of God.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A book where the author explains what the role of faith played throughout history and still plays today. The author also narrates the story of an atheist scientist who later became a devout Christian to explain his point. I'm glad you enjoyed reading the book. Thanks for the great review.
Ben Filla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-filla.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Ben Filla »

I am not religious and I don't think I would be reading this due to my belief. However, I believe having faith is a trait everyone should possess.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Post by Standor5865 »

It will be interesting to see how the author approaches the subject of the conflict between science and religion in this book. Nice review.
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Post by Jodeci 007 »

I have never really thought about the impact of technological advancements on faith in the world, but this book seems to have painted a clear picture of this problem with solutions.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Faith has so many benefits, and this book highlights just a few. It's a pity that people's faith has dwindled over time.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

Sometimes beliefs of generations long past can be stifling but I think discovering faith and belief in God can be liberating. I’m curious to find out what the author's beliefs regarding faith are and the route he will take.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

The author seems to have been thorough in his teachings about faith, especially as we have largely become more faithless as the days go by. I don’t really like to read religious books, but this one looks promising.
Chika Eleanor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-eleanor.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Chika Eleanor »

Faith and science, never taught there would be any kind of connection. But I think the author did a nice job in putting this beautiful piece together, and I know it will be a nice read
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Standor5865 wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 06:26 It will be interesting to see how the author approaches the subject of the conflict between science and religion in this book. Nice review.
My same thoughts exactly. I am sure it will be a delightful read.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This will be an interesting book to read. I’ve always thought science and religion can’t stand on the same ground. I’ll love to see how the author relates them. Nice review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”