Review of She's Meant to Lead

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Review of She's Meant to Lead

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "She's Meant to Lead" by Kyrabe Stories.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When you think about the low number of women who have occupied leadership positions around the world in the past and compare that to the growing involvement of women in recent times, it can be said that women have made a lot of successful strides in leadership. However, there is still a lot left to accomplish in this area. On that note, Kyrabe Stories introduces her book, She's Meant to Lead, which is aimed at empowering women by helping them to develop the necessary skills for effective leadership while addressing the biases that presently exist in most workplaces. Kyrabe Stories offers a host of leadership techniques, from affiliative and authoritarian leadership to transformational and situational leadership.

The author has made a lot of interesting points in this book that we can all agree on. The first of these is that no one will give you a seat at the leaders' table, and you have to work to take it instead of just complaining. This mindset is reiterated throughout the book, and I believe it forms the basis for women taking up leadership positions in various fields.

There are a few contentious pieces of information, including the reason for the wage gap or men being allowed to "lose their rags" as leaders while women aren't, and the book can come across as pitting men against women at times. I would have preferred a better approach in that regard; nonetheless, the book's overall message of guiding women toward becoming effective leaders in today's world is of utmost importance, and I appreciate the author for putting this book out.

Considering that there is a lack of female mentors since there are not a lot of women leaders, the author has also done exceptionally well to introduce readers to a few role models that they can look up to, from leaders from the past like Rosa Parks to leaders in today's world like Angela Ahrendts, senior vice president of Apple, and Indra Nooyi, former CEO of PepsiCo. Words of advice are included from a lot of these mentors, and readers will find them inspirational as they commence their leadership journeys.

Furthermore, I liked that the advice offered by the author was mostly practical and accessible. Kyrabe Stories employs lists and models, including "the PREP framework" for effective communication and the tools for dealing with the fear of leadership and self-doubt. Each chapter closes with a quick summary of the key messages that will benefit readers, and I found this to be helpful as well.

She's Meant to Lead is also a professionally edited book, as I encountered a couple of minor errors while reading. There's not a lot to dislike about this book besides the point I initially noted above. It is informative, educational, and inspiring, and it is also ultimately geared toward improving productivity in society by empowering an underrated section of the population. I would advise that the author includes a charge to women to get more involved in "STEM" fields as well since women's participation in such lucrative fields currently sits low at 27%. I believe there will be positive implications with regard to both pay and leadership as women participate in these kinds of professions.

All things considered, I rate this book four out of five stars. I took off a star because I believe there is room for improvement here, but the book will greatly impact any woman who wants to become an effective leader, and I would recommend it to them. If you enjoy books on self-development, I would recommend this guide to you as well.

She's Meant to Lead
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Excel Chisom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-chisom.html
Latest Review: Becoming Athena by Katherine Lore

Post by Excel Chisom »

The review is amazing.... haven't read the book yet but can't wait to check it out
Tebugeleni Ndwandwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebugeleni-ndwandwe.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tebugeleni Ndwandwe »

The title of this book got me interested. This sounds like a great book and I am all for woman leadership. nice review
Agbata Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-agbata-1.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Agbata Charles »

Wow, I will love to steal some knowledge on women leadership from this book. And so, I will be picking it for a review
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

This is an eye opener for women who have lost their value.
There is a chance for them to lead by standing up to their right not complaining.
Ben Filla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-filla.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Ben Filla »

I think this is a book that would inspire women to do exploits in all areas. Women are smart and intelligent. We should not underestimate them.
Standor5865
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-standor5865.html
Latest Review: The 2021 Chronicles by A Glenn Rose

Post by Standor5865 »

There is a shortage of women leaders and this book attempts to correct that. It's great to see that it is well executed as well.
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Post by Jodeci 007 »

Most people that reference the wage gap tend to not discuss the factors that cause it, and the author seems to follow in the same vein, but the book offers a lot of positives as well. Well done.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Women face a lot of challenges while trying to become leaders, and this book offers practical techniques to make leadership easy. However, a lot of work is required as well.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Leadership comes in different ways. Looking back until now, so much improvement can see in women's leadership. It proves that women can achieve what men can do as well.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

I strongly believe in the movement of female leadership. I would love to see where the author will take such a daunting and important topic. Thank you for the insightful review.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

Women have been sidelined in leadership roles for far too long and it’s even worse that women are usually more competent and dedicated. More doors need to broken down and glass ceilings crush to the floor. This book is doing humanity a service by educating more people.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

Seems like an interesting read, women in leadership. I would love to read the book especially to take in all the skills the writer put together for women leadership.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”