Review of LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tara D Morgan
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The colour purple
Currently Reading: Angel of Liverpool
Bookshelf Size: 202
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tara-d-morgan.html
Latest Review: Good Evening, Sir George by Donald Yule
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY

Post by Tara D Morgan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY" by EDDY J NEYTS.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

At the age of fifteen, on the twenty-second of November nineteen sixty-three, Eddy J Neyts heard the news that American President John F Kennedy had been assassinated. Ever since, Neyts has been passionately building the most extensive private collection of written material he could find about the man he thought terrific. He found that many authors who have written about Kennedy have yet to write accurately due to poor research and sensationalism. Who was Kennedy's father, the ruthless, womanizing businessman, Joseph P. Kennedy? Why was John Kennedy described in the family as the sickly brother? How did Kennedy injure his back? For the answers to these and other questions, read LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY by Eddy J Neyts. The historically accurate documentation of Neyts lifetime collection of all things John F Kennedy.

Everything about LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY is fantastic. The genealogical research and family trees at the beginning of the book are beneficial. I enjoyed the chapter dedicated to Kennedy's father, which gives interesting information on the early shaping of Kennedy's character. John F Kennedy has always been a romanticized figure throughout my life. I was not born when he died, but my mum loved him, and I have been told she cried for weeks when he was assassinated.

For many, Kennedy is remembered as the handsome, young, debonair thirty-fifth President of America. Neyts writes that all of this is true, but I was interested to read the chapter on Kennedy's family. John F Kennedy's older brother Joe was the golden boy; he was robust and consistently predicted to do well. In contrast, John was the frail and sickly younger brother. It is a testament to how his father bought him up that Kennedy was elected President. Another chapter in the book which I read with great interest was about The Cuban Missile Crisis, a part of American history I have never understood.

There was nothing to dislike about LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY by Eddy J Neots. The book is extensively researched and provides a complete history of the life and times of John F Kennedy.

There are quite a few grammatical errors in the acknowledgments. However, as this part of the book is the personal thanks of Eddy J Neots, a Belgian author, I was pleased to overlook them, especially as the rest of the book is well-edited. I enjoyed reading LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY, and I am delighted to award this book a resounding 5 out of 5 stars.

LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY by Eddy J Neots is a weighty tomb; there are lots of facts and dates to take in. I recommend this book to historians who want factually correct history. Furthermore, this book would be appreciated by anyone interested in American history and John F Kennedy, his life, election, marriage, health, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and all the things that make John F Kennedy's legacy live on!

LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY
View: on Bookshelves
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

The book that talks about the life story of the former America president John F Kennedy. I would love to read it. Nice review.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

This is a nice review. The author must be a hard worker to dig through multiple research papers is not a child's joke. One of the things I love about this book is the truth about life, life is so unpredictable. One might be thought to do well, but doesn't. Then another might be thought to not do well, but does. It balances one point out: treat people with dignity and respect, no matter where they seem to be today.
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

Everything about LIFE IS UNFAIR THE TRUTHS AND LIES ABOUT JOHN F KENNEDY is fantastic. The genealogical research and family trees at the beginning of the book are beneficial. Thanks for your review.
Grace Elkana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

This book looks like it took a trip down generational lane. I agree that the family tree will help readers follow the story better.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Wow, what a fantastic review. I salute the author of this book for the tremendous job he did in this book. A book about former American president JOHN F KENNEDY's story will be interesting to read. Nice review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”