Review of "When Your Mind Steals Your Souls Reward"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Review of "When Your Mind Steals Your Souls Reward"

Post by Okafor Prosper »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of ""When Your Mind Steals Your Souls Reward"" by Carol Farnstrom.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Growing up in Florida wasn't a walk in the park for Carol Farnstrom. After a stint in jail, her father comes back home and puts her through a lot, including physical and emotional abuse. This would become the start of a difficult journey for her that would affect her in numerous ways, causing her to develop self-identity and anxiety issues. While drowning in the sea of beating up herself, especially with the failures of her earthly father, there was only one person she could turn to, and that was her heavenly father, God. When Your Mind Steals Your Soul's Reward takes us through Carol Farnstrom's journey from the abyss to living a full life through God's love. She aims to help readers through her experiences in this book.

“From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.” - Luke 6:45 (Page 65).

If I had to summarize the key message in this book, I would point to this important verse above, which is mentioned several times in the book, highlighting the power of the words that come from our minds or hearts and mouths. Oftentimes, it is easy for us to focus on and allow our negative experiences to influence our thoughts and lives, and the author provides us with clear proof of how filling our hearts with God's word can help us in this area. I related to this aspect of the book the most because I could recall how I have subconsciously allowed my negative experiences to influence my thoughts and words numerous times. I also look forward to reaping the rewards of applying this kind of positive thinking in my life.

I must also acknowledge how brave the author is for reliving several bad experiences in her life with the end goal of helping readers. From being constantly beaten by her father and suffering accidents to her vices, including smoking and doing drugs, Carol Farnstrom is far from perfect. However, it was intriguing to see how we try to fill the void that forms as a result of a lack of love in our lives. Not only was this another vital lesson for me, but it also proved that God is merciful and wants a relationship with all of us. We only need to reach out to Him.

While the book is an inspirational read, it is not without its flaws. For one, I was a bit confused about the book's central theme in the beginning, and things did not make a lot of sense until the middle of the book, where it became clear that the book was about helping others heal. The fact that the book was a continuous read without chapters also made things tedious, and it felt like the book was all over the place while the author drifted in and out of memories.

Furthermore, the biggest drawback of this book was the fact that it was not properly edited. Finding errors on almost every page greatly slowed down my reading and made an already difficult read even harder.

All things considered, When Your Mind Steals Your Soul's Reward is an interesting spiritual journey that not just proves God's existence, love, and mercy but also dishes out several useful lessons. Readers will also enjoy some of the poems included in the book. I rate this book three out of five stars for these positives. The issues I discussed took away from the overall quality of the book, nonetheless. Readers who enjoy inspirational reads and people who want to improve their relationship with God will benefit from this book.

"When Your Mind Steals Your Souls Reward"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rayleneabv
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rayleneabv »

An inspirational book for life lessons, healing, and author's personal experiences shared through this book that readers may relate to. Needs some editing though. You'll also find poems by other writers included in the book that was used as a reference to what the Carol Farnstorm wants to express.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

No problem can't be solved if you asked help from God. He will send someone who can help you through. For Carol, it's joyful to hear she leans on God, and finds comfort from Him. She is very kind and supportive of others because she shares her experiences as a way of example for others not to trap in the same situation. This book will be a great help to people struggling with the same issue. Your review is great!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

Sometimes, our minds and hearts do not agree on some things. Depending on the situation, it is better to choose what is best for ourselves and others at large. Thanks for the engaging review!
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

The title of this book is what attracts me to it. (When Your Mind Steals Your Soul's Reward). I guess I have to read the book to understand its meaning fully.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”