Review of Sex, Love & Cops

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony Ekemezie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Review of Sex, Love & Cops

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sex, Love & Cops" by Wendy Wilkins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sex, Love & Cops: A Memoir by Wendy Wilkins is a short and interesting memoir. In this book, the author shared her experiences as a police officer who served for five years. She walked readers through both her positive and negative encounters. I think of her as a young, eager trainee police officer who was prepared for all the challenges that came with being a cop.

Wendy was a smart and athletic young woman, and she used that to her advantage at the police academy. Having undergone a series of training sessions at the academy, she was ready to put her practice to use. One would think that being a cop is no fun and you wouldn’t have time for yourself, but Wendy proved otherwise. She showed readers the good sides of being a cop. All the handsome men she got to meet and the interesting places she visited, such as clubs, and also the horrible sides, like when she had to deal with dangerous criminals.

I must say, the author is quite a good storyteller. This book became more engaging as a result of the author’s captivating writing style. To make this book easier to understand, the author used simple grammar. I was able to get a good insight into how the police academy worked. And a first-hand recount of the experiences of a young trainee cop with the challenges that came with them. A couple of the numerous questions I had regarding the police and how they operate were addressed in this book, which I found quite enlightening.

The title and cover of this book did not exactly fit its content. When I first saw this book, I was not convinced that it was a memoir until I started reading it. Other than this, I did not have any complaints about this book. I found just one error, but it was not enough to impede my reading flow. This book appears to have been edited well.

After thoroughly reading through the pages of this book, I have concluded that every cop deserves to be constantly appreciated for their service to the community at large. I rate Sex, Love & Cops: A Memoir by Wendy Wilkins 4 out of 5 stars. I removed one star because of the complaints stated above. I recommend this book to adults who love to read memoirs and wouldn’t mind a bit of romance in it. I would like to state that this book contains profane language.

Sex, Love & Cops
View: on Bookshelves
Sonie Daniel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonie-daniel.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Sonie Daniel »

It seems like a fun read from your review. It's good that many of your questions about the police have been answered.
Nicholas Bush
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholas-bush.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nicholas Bush »

I love your review for this book and i must admit that it is captivating to read. Would be nice to read this book someday. adding it to my bookshelf. Nice review.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

Truly every cop deserves to be appreciated for all their services and I agree with you that the title doesn't match the content of the book. Thanks for a well written and wonderfully developed review.
Eugenia Ritzenberg
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eugenia Ritzenberg »

Love the fact that she highlights the good side of cops. Great review, loved reading it. Would definitely give it a chance, great stuff
Agbata Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

Beyond the look we give a cop they are other interesting part of them that if you seat to discuss with them you will be shocked. They deserve to be appreciated putting the life at risk to see the society is in order. Wendy memoir is an interesting one to read.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

I like a book where the author shares her experiences and from your review, it looks like it does have a bit of romance. This is a wonderful review and I would love to try out this book.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

The book has a rather intriguing cover page. I like that the book contains, seriousness, and also romance and less-seriousness. I think I will like to read this book. Thanks to the reviewer for an awesome review.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

This seems like quite an interesting memoir. The author shared her experiences in the academy as a trainee cop and as a full police officer as well. Great review.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

The contents as your review says can be known from the cover page . But I surprised it is a memoir. It is interesting to real life experiences in a book. Thanks for writing well about this book. I do want to see the end of the romance part.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

I have never really imagined what it would be like to be a cop. This sounds like a very interesting and insightful memoir.
Your spectacular review made the book even more appealing. Well-done!
3mperor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3mperor.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by 3mperor »

This book has a very interesting cover but I must agree with you, the content of the book isn’t exactly in sync with book over. I like the review and I’m intrigued to read of it.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

This is the first time I am finding a memoir on a cop. I am very much interested in reading it. She seems to be passionate and eager for her job. Nice review.
conrad gerald22_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by conrad gerald22_ »

You are right, the cover of this book does not portray it as a memoir in any way. I admire Wendy for her courage to succeed in a male-dominated profession. I look forward to reading the rest of her story.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

It's good to know that the book addresses the challenges of being a trainee cop.The review's overall positive tone makes me more inclined to read the book. The reviewer's compliments of the author's storytelling skills are high praise.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”