Review of With Hope in my Heart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of With Hope in my Heart

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "With Hope in my Heart" by François Mai.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

With Hope in My Heart: Musings of a Spirited Psychiatrist is an autobiographical account of the life of a resilient, amazing author and psychiatrist, Francois Mai. The story recounted instances from his time in South Africa as a young lad during the apartheid era, his high school and college days, the struggles he faced in his career, health, and family, including his secret ingredient for surmounting all these challenges. You may as well wish to find out what these ingredients are.

The sincerity of heart is the major key that stood out for me as I read through this piece. I appreciated the author's sincere spirit as he unashamedly told of his failures and the wrongs he regretfully could have righted. One of the accounts that warmed my heart was when he flew from England to South Africa to see his ailing brother, David. Although his visit didn't yield as many results as expected, it was a huge sacrifice to make for a dear loved one.

The author speaks up on the injustices perpetuated in our religious, political, and medical circles to provoke a change in the leaders of the aforementioned circles that will end molestations, segregation, and 'medical killings', as it were. Through Francois' fierce battle with two terminal illnesses, I came to believe that the organs in our bodies can hear and obey us when we speak to them consciously. This part of Francois' spirituality, strong belief in God, and the warmth he receives from his family served as a palliative to the throbbing pain surging through his body.

Surely, there is an end to everything on the face of the earth. Even though Francois' time is nigh, I'm proud of his achievements, both those of the medical and academic world, respectively. Without a doubt, I know that the many lives he has imparted would remain eternally grateful that he lived and dispersed hope to all.

I love the glossary at the end of the book and the interesting facts it contains. Not one bit of a thing was there to dislike about this book. I found just a couple of errors that did not dissuade me from ascertaining that this book was well-edited. As a result, I'm glad to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

If you are a budding psychiatrist, or perhaps you love to read inspiring autobiographies of successful career men, then you should have a copy of this great book. There's so much in here for your perusal.

With Hope in my Heart
View: on Bookshelves
Zike Moses
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zike Moses »

With Hope in my Heart" is a heartwarming tale of resilience and determination. It follows Mia, a young woman trying to overcome setbacks and find her place in the world. The book tackles mental health with honesty and vulnerability, and the message of hope is one that will inspire and encourage readers. A must-read for anyone looking for a pick-me-up.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

A long journey just to visit an ailing brother shows deep love. Seems Francois has an admiring personality in this book. I like to read it, especially since it is one of the genre I love. Thanks for your wonderful review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

The author's story sounds interesting and inspiring. I also love his genuine spirit in telling his story, even though it's not easy.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”