Review of Spiritual Energy and You

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Spiritual Energy and You

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Spiritual Energy and You" by Walter Broach.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We have seen and read how biologists and chemists explain creation and life, but in Spiritual Energy and You, we read and view the word from the physics perspective. I have heard of chemical energy, solar energy, and many more. But, I had no idea that spiritual energy existed until I came across this book.

Walter Broach, in this wisdom-filled 200-page book, explains what it means to be spiritual and how being spiritual differs from being religious. There is a widespread belief that once you are a religious person, you are a spiritual being. But in this book, the author presents us in a different light by explaining what spirituality means, what spiritual people do, and how to maintain spirituality. Read this book to share in the author's school of thought about God, the universe, life, and spirituality.

Spiritual Energy and You is a sixteen-chapter book carefully written to help readers maximize their spiritual journey. When I started reading the book, I got confused with how the author differentiated spiritual people from religious people. I am a religious person, and I believe I am spiritual in the religious spirituality context, but I was better enlightened after reading.

Although I don't conform with the author on some things he mentioned in the book, I like how he backed up all of his statements with proven facts and experiments. Aside from this, the book touches on different aspects of human life that can help one live a happy, fulfilled life. From relationships to love, overcoming anger, having empathy, and the power of a healing touch, I learned a great deal from the topics discussed in the book and felt renewed.

The author believes that as spiritual people, we have existed from time immemorial, either as a tree, star, fish, or any other creature. We keep evolving into any form that the Universal Energy, also known as God's Energy, pleases because he is the source of all. Although this doesn't conjure up with what I know and believe, I wouldn't argue with the author because there are many questions concerning the world that I don't have answers to.

As much as I enjoyed reading the book, there is something in it that I don't like. In chapters 3 and 4, the author talked about memory using the same introductory paragraph and sub-topics in the first two pages of each chapter. Also, in chapter 9, the author spoke about anger as a sub-topic and then dedicated chapter 10 to it. This was confusing; I thought it was an error and had to start comparing each word for word. It would have been better if the author had arranged them under a chapter or used different subheadings for clearness and to juxtapose the differences in each.

Because of the dislike mentioned above, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I have no other complaints about the book; it was exceptionally well-edited and maintained a balanced pace.

I recommend this book to students of history and physics. It doesn't in any way speak ill of any religion, so it's a good read for people of all beliefs. Also, young and mature adults who want to enrich their spiritual lives and journeys would enjoy this book.

Spiritual Energy and You
View: on Bookshelves
VIJAY VIJAY 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by VIJAY VIJAY 1 »

This book offers much wisdom and advice to guide you on your way to self realization. There is too much information to grasp in a single read so everything must be studied and not merely read. Author explains concepts of spiritual bliss, harmony, mind, soul, ego and how to lead complete, wholesome lives.
Redeemer Samuel
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Redeemer Samuel »

As much as I love reading the book, there is something in it that I don't like. In chapters 3 and 4, the author talked about memory using the same introductory paragraph and sub-topics in the first two pages of each chapter. Also, in chapter 9, the author spoke about anger as a sub-topic and then dedicated chapter 10 to it. This was disturbing, I thought it was an error and had to start comparing each word for word. It would have been better if the author had arranged them under a chapter.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I had no idea that being spiritual was different from being religious. I look forward to reading this book by Walter Broach to understand more about the concept of spiritual energy.
Mkhonto1111
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mkhonto1111 »

This sounds so interesting. Being a spiritual person myself, I'm always fascinated and filled with so much love for myself when I hear about spirituality being backed by actual facts. Gives me goosebumps everytime. Great review.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Of a truth. biologists and chemists explain creation on their own way. Spiritual explanation of the creation is totally different. The author did a fantastic job in differentiating them. Good job.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

At least from the review I have been able to understand spiritual energy a d the message the author is trying to pass across. I will read this book for more knowledge. Good job.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This book titled Spiritual Energy and You sounds like an informative book that explores different important themes. I would love to get a copy of this book. Thanks for the great review.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

I'm so glad I came across this review of Spiritual Energy and You. It sounds like a fascinating read and I'm looking forward to getting a copy of the book and diving into it. I'm especially interested in the author's perspective on how being spiritual differs from being religious. It's clear from the review that the book is well-written and has a lot of valuable information. I'm sure I'll learn a lot from it and gain a deeper understanding of spirituality. Thanks for the great review!
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

I like it when people teach facts. So, I like that the author backed up his message with facts. I also like the topics that are discussed in the book. Thanks for an honest review.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

Looking at a physics explanation on the creation of life is rather cool, I wonder what spiritual energy is all about. Thanks for a informative review.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Post by David Chijindu »

It's quite fascinating to have a science explanation of how life was created, however I'm curious what spiritual energy is all about. Thank you for the insightful review.
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

In Spiritual Energy and You, Walter Broach explains what it means to be spiritual and how being spiritual differs from being religious. I'd like to find out more about the author's teachings. Great review!
Jay Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

I agree with the author that there is spiritual energy but I don't agree that people came from tress and the likes he mentioned in the book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”