Review of Annoying Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Review of Annoying Love

Post by Judy O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Annoying Love" by Jamie Pettit.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Most times, when parents curtail some of their children's excesses or scold them for wrong behavior, their children complain that their parents are annoying and do not love them. In the true sense, it is because of this "annoying love," as termed by the author, which has their best interests at heart, that parents do this. Annoying Love is a non-fiction work by Jamie Pettit that speaks more on this love and how parents can build a family of faith while following God's design or outline for a family.

Having served over thirty years in both pastoral and administrative settings and also being the father of four adults and now their grandchildren, Jamie shares in this book a ton of experiences and virtues about how he and his wife did their best to be available for their children while they were growing up. First, he explains the mantra of "annoying love" and how it doesn't make you a bad parent when your children call you annoying; rather, parents should do what is best for their children. He emphasizes the importance of the presence of parents in their children's lives, as some parents try to supplement their presence with other superficial resources. Read Annoying Love by Jamie Pettit to get full details on these important aspects, secrets, and tips for building the perfect faith family.

This book is a must-read for parents and young people who will eventually be parents, as its contents have proven invaluable. The author is quite concerned with spiritual growth and how we can include Christ in our homes. It is a concise, eleven-chapter work on doing the right thing in our homes and for our families. Jamie uses word of mouth and infuses biblical teachings to back his points. I learned a lot from him, and this book was truly refreshing to read. The vocabulary was easy and would be simple for all to understand. The writing style was instructive—not too harsh or too lax. The book was truly well structured, and I enjoyed my time with it.

I acquired no dislikes after the time I spent on this book, which is much due to the fact that all advice and instruction were virtually important and not-to-miss. Following his words, the author also shares his life experiences with his family and how he and his wife raised the children in love and unity. I witnessed the importance of homeschooling and availability on the part of the parents and how this impacted them positively. I encountered two minor errors while reading, but it didn't stop me from acknowledging that this book was professionally edited.

Due to its overly important theme and likable agenda presentation, Annoying Love receives a 5 out of 5 stars from me. I recommend this book to audiences interested in spiritual growth and building faith families. Parents and young people would also learn a lot from reading this book.

Annoying Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ladyginger
Currently Reading: The Smartest Person in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladyginger.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ladyginger »

I enjoy your review. And I will like to read the book. You gave a nice and straightforward review and added to the intrusive of the book. Good job.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This is a great review. The author is right. A lot of parents are not physically, mentally and emotionally available for their kids. They try to compensate with material things, all these will later tell on the children. Good job!
Gabriele Mattia Leonardo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriele-mattia-leonardo.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Gabriele Mattia Leonardo »

Annoying Love by Jamie Pettit is a book that is very relatable with each and every human being. There's no one that'll say he or she has never felt this way about how we were raised growing up as kids.
Excel Chisom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-chisom.html
Latest Review: Becoming Athena by Katherine Lore

Post by Excel Chisom »

Reading this review I remember when I was a child I would always complain they never loved me but growing up now I realized they only wanted the best for me. Most times after going through some stuff I just go back and hug my parents cause I'm really grateful they never for once gave up one me despite being stubborn .
I must say a parent's love is always like the biggest blessing
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Most times, children do not understand why their parents take some certain actions until they have grown up into adulthood. Annoying love is another eye opener, on how the parent-child relationship works. I like how Jamie extensively talks about these lingering issues.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

Sounds interesting. I must say you have a wonderful review it gives full details of the book I can't wait to read the book. I also love the author ideas.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

What an interesting way of describing parents' love for their children. Jamie sounds like the right person to learn from about this, given her experience. Good review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

When sometimes we feel that our parents are annoying but in a deeper meaning, it shows love for us because they want us on the right path; following God's teaching. I like this book since the author has so much experience on the matter of the book with backup scriptures. It sounds like a good fit for me. Looking forward to grabbing it. Thanks for your amazing review!
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Wow.... It really is an annoying love. The description of the feeling children think they have for them. I'll like to read this book. Amazing review.
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

The most well researched review Ive seen from this book. Jamie really was the right person to take a whole from it
Victor Ayub Migos
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-ayub-migos.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Victor Ayub Migos »

The author is absolutely right, it's because of parents annoying love that we are who we are. Although we couldn't comprehend it when we were young,we now understand everything they did was in our best interest.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

I like how you write your reviews, you made it interesting and make people want to read the book. Good job.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

Annoying Love by Jamie Pettit is a book I think I will find interesting. It is worth noting that your analysis of the book is excellently done and I look forward to reading the book. Well done.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

Every child can attest to calling or thinking that their parents are annoying especially when they are corrected. Books like this touch social issues and goes a long way. Great review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”