Review of Please! Just Call Me Kevie!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Review of Please! Just Call Me Kevie!

Post by Eunice Geres »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Please! Just Call Me Kevie!" by Lord Christopher.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Please! Just Call Me Kevie! by Lord Christopher is a story of finding the proverbial fork in the road of life. We never know where the road we take will lead us. That’s what makes life so hard to navigate. But with Kevie, he finds joy in facing a fork in the road because any road he may take will bring him new and exciting experiences. So, with a positive attitude and great storytelling skills, we will get a peek at the wondrous life of Kevie Odgers.

This semi-biographical book follows the life of the author’s uncle, Kevie. The book starts with Kevie arriving at his nephew’s home. He informs them that his love for traveling has brought him back on the road with no plan for where he might end up. And with that, the stories began to flow. Kevie recounted stories from his childhood, growing up in a war, stories from the post-war times, and several topics about the unions in Australia.

What I liked most about this book is that it’s not just about Kevie’s childhood and adventures. It’s also about how Kevie, or anyone his age in Australia, faced the struggles present at their time. There was a detailed account of WWII, how the post-war times affected people’s way of life and mental health, and even the history of the First Nations Peoples in Australia was included. As someone who’s more exposed to American and British literature, I genuinely don’t know much about Australia. Fortunately, this book opened my mind to Australia’s history, locations, politics, and culture.

Another aspect I liked was the author’s writing style. The author managed to write about Kevie’s life, Australia’s history, and his own perspective in this book. The writing flowed smoothly with a light tone. It was easy to understand, fun to read, and inspiring at times. Kevie’s philosophy and characterization were wonderfully written.

If there is one thing I didn’t like about this book, it was that the author went into too much detail in narrating the war. However, I didn’t like it just because I couldn’t get any emotion from that part of the book. It was like reading a history book due to its length and too many technical details. But this opinion didn’t affect my overall enjoyment while reading this book.

In conclusion, I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I genuinely enjoyed reading about Kevie’s experiences and Australia’s history. Kevie is an inspiring man with wonderful stories to impart to the readers. Additionally, the book was professionally edited, as I only found a few errors. Lastly, I would recommend this to readers interested in biographies. This book would offer biography readers a character with a unique personality and inspiring outlook on life.

Please! Just Call Me Kevie!
View: on Bookshelves
Jaela Mcphail
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jaela Mcphail »

I generally would love to purchase a hard copy cover version of this book. It's exceptionally inspiring to those going through adversity
in the hard times we live in now such as the pandemics and recession we face in American society today compared to the mental states of Australasians in the times after WWII. This book is extremely inspiring to those who have experienced adversity or a fork in the road. 5 out of 5 recommend. I love Kevie journey, a good smooth read ,very nicely edited, exceptional, unique, and inspiring point of view from the author of ''Please! Just Call Me Kevie! by Lord Christopher''.
Domeseo Camus Meda
Currently Reading: The Stealthy Viral Pimpernel
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-domeseo-camus-meda.html
Latest Review: The Beautiful Business by Steven Morris

Post by Domeseo Camus Meda »

A BOOK BY LORD CHRISTOPHER WHICH TALKS ABOUT KEVIE'S LIFE IN AUSTRALIA, WHO FINDS JOY IN FACING A FORK IN THE ROAD BECAUSE ANY ROAD HE TAKES WILL BRING HIM NEW EXPERIENCES.
A BOOK FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN BIOGRAPHIES.GOOD REVIEW
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

Someone looking forward to new and exciting experiences, combined with historical knowledge about Australia, is surely a book with enriching content.
Dae Rain

Post by Dae Rain »

From your review, it seems that this book contains a lot of moral that can be learned. This book can help me deepen my knowledge of history too! I'll definitely read it, thanks!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a non-fiction semi-biographical book highlighting Kevie's positivity to find joy in facing a fork in the road since any choice he took brought new and exciting experiences. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review.
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

"Please! Just Call Me Kevie!" by Lord Christopher is a captivating semi-biographical book that follows the adventures of Kevie Odgers. The story begins with Kevie's arrival at his nephew's home, where he shares his love for travel and the excitement of embracing new experiences. The book not only recounts Kevie's personal stories but also provides insights into Australia's history, including WWII, post-war challenges, and the First Nations Peoples. The author's writing style is commendable, with a smooth flow, light tone, and moments of inspiration. While some readers may find the detailed war narration lacking emotional depth, it doesn't significantly impact the overall enjoyment. With professional editing and a unique character like Kevie, this 5-star book is recommended to biography enthusiasts seeking an inspiring read that sheds light on Australia's history and culture. "Please! Just Call Me Kevie!" offers an engaging and enlightening experience, showcasing the remarkable life of Kevie Odgers.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I might enjoy the journey of Kevie's life as well as a little bit of Australian history. I might consider reading this book. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Donald Polk

Post by Donald Polk »

“Please! Just Call Ne Kevie!”By Lord Christopher sounds like a book I would enjoy reading. The stories of Kevie’s life as he has navigated through his life, the history of WWII from the Australian prospective, and the stories about the native peoples of Australia would be a very interesting read for me.
Jay Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

We truly don't know where life would lead us but it is important that we find the proverbial fork in the journey of life. Such an inspiring read, Congratulations on the BOTD!
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85569
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1314%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

Book 📚 📖📚 of the day BOTD is nonfiction a wonderful storyline with a travelling spirit and rich in history Kevin delineate again the backdrop of the history zeitgeist of Australia at the time this semi biography of Kevin bring history of his happiness and philosophy...! He arrives out of the blue to visit his nephew and his wife he brings with him both disruptive and fun scene 😂 I love this book so rich I'm history it was well written and reviewed I will recommend it 💯✅
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

I have to admit that I know little to nothing about 20th-century Australia's history, so this book could be really interesting to learn something about it, even more, because it's a semi-biographical novel that can offer first-hand memories of those years. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I have a soft spot for Australia. I might want to get to know Kevie better. But the long technical discussion of the war might turn me off. Let me check the sample to see if Lord Christopher's style will win me.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

'Please! Just Call Me Kevie!' by Lord Christopher invites readers on an adventurous journey through the life of Kevie Odgers. This narrative is not just about personal tales, it also captures the essence of Australian history and culture. An inspiring read, rich with personal and historical detail. Congratulations on being BOTD!
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

Lord Christopher seems to be a skilful story teller with this semi-biography of his uncle Kevie, a cool character. I sampled the book and I liked it because of its easy to read style capturing life, culture, history and more of Australia. You have written the review so well. Congratulations on the BOTD!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”