Review of Memoirs of a Management Consultant

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Memoirs of a Management Consultant

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Memoirs of a Management Consultant" by Franco Guazzoni.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Everyone who has ever lived on planet Earth has a story worth telling, either in their own words or the words of another. Franco Guazzoni gives us a first-hand account of his personal and professional life in his book titled Memoirs of a Management Consultant. His story extensively captures over seventy-five years of his existence and the highs and lows of being a professional management consultant, with outstanding results as proof. His regrets, failures, and low moments are not left out.

The author teaches his readers how to maintain a teachable disposition while giving themselves to continual learning. This singular virtue served as a great help to him during the early stage(s) of his consulting firm, MIDA, which he established with the strong partnership of Cino Sitia, Renato Jazzarelli, Rodolfo Winternitz, and Nuccio Urso. He also exhibited this in his leadership of the various professional bodies he belonged to, which opened the door to quality connections from Rome to Brazil, Zanzibar, and beyond. His story was truly inspiring.

Most importantly, Guazzoni has proven to be a focused man. He takes time to study the parameters that occasion failure in his life, profession, and relationships to avoid any repetition of such in the nearest future. In the face of life's challenges, including losing a loved one, he still finds a way to maintain his compassionate glow and gusto, coupled with his love and respect for people. He confirms this when he says, "as far as I’m concerned, over the years, I’ve tried to follow a secular morality, acting according to conscience and with respect for all." This is a good take-home point for the reader. None of life's challenges is worth throwing away the spark that embellishes our lives.

I earnestly applaud the author's vast capacity to recall full names of places, organizations, and people from all walks of life, especially those he encountered in Rome. While this is an admirable quality in the book, it made my reading slightly boring. Also, breaking the writing down into chapters would have given the book a more concrete and organized structure. I also found some errors in the book to conclude that it was only professionally edited and nothing more.

Consequently, I give this book 5 out of 5 stars, despite the slight issues mentioned. If you love to read about the management and administrative sides of business or you just love autobiographies, then this book could be worth your time.

Memoirs of a Management Consultant
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

The author has a vivid memory remembering all he encounters in his professional life. For those people mentioned in the book, I think they feel honored to be part of the story. Some parts have Italian words but thankfully, Franco translated them for readers to understand. Your review is well elabaroted about the book. Thanks!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

Memoirs are definitely a blessing to society these days. Having someone educate and guide you thorigh your doings by giving you a summary of his ups and downs, dos and donts, is an absolute blessing to society. I really appreciate the author for sharing his life stories with us. Thank you for bringing this book to our notice. Have a great week!
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

Franco Guazzoni gives us a first-hand account of his personal and professional life in his book titled Memoirs of a Management Consultant. Sounds interesting!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”