Review of Raising PEARLS

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Review of Raising PEARLS

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Raising PEARLS" by Genise Joziah Hope.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Raising PEARLS: Prepared, Empowered, Armored, Restored, Loved, and Secure Children is a power-packed children's book written by Genise Joziah Hope. The book's focus is specifically on the overall safety of children wherever they find themselves. Many children have experienced different forms of abuse that ranged from sexual, emotional, verbal, and physical abuse, but a majority of them never dared to speak up to their loved ones because of the fear of being judged, bashed, or abandoned. Many guardians and parents are not watchful enough to know when their children have been abused or when a particular environment is detrimental to the life of a child. Therefore, beneficial tips that would guarantee the safety of these children were shared in this book.

Educational books intrigue me a lot, and this one wasn't an exception. The tips I learned from this book were eye-opening. I'm now better informed to educate any child close to me on the need to report their abuse cases to any trusted adult close to them and what they can do when anyone tries to abuse or kidnap them. The interactive activities and pictures incorporated in this book are so engaging and detailed that they would deeply resonate with any child that closely looked at them. Many parents are so busy with their lives that they forget to teach their children how and when to say no to any stranger who tries to lure them for their own selfish benefit. Furthermore, I was drawn to the subject because the writer incorporated a storytelling style into the book. She shared her personal experience of what made her and her partner educate their children on the concept of abduction.

This book illustrated the fact that God loves little children. He would not abandon them whenever they felt dejected after going through abuse. Telling these children this would make them feel loved, less depressed, and more confident. Each chapter contains a motivational Bible verse that can be read to children to let them know that God is indeed interested in their affairs. The children are meant to repeat the positive declarations; this would make them believe what the scriptures say about them rather than what negative people conclude about them.

I am very much convinced that this book deserves an excellent rating of five out of five stars because it has life-saving content. The writer was inspired to write this book because of her daughter's abduction experience. I commend the writer for sharing many self-awareness strategies that would help save a lot of children's lives. I didn't dislike any aspect of this book. It was professionally edited, and I only encountered one minor error.

It would benefit children more because its content revolves around their upbringing and safety. I also recommend it to parents, guardians, and teachers at school because they are always in contact with children and will pass on the knowledge they gain from reading this book to the children.

Raising PEARLS
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
lia_sarz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lia_sarz »

This book can open every eyes of parents/guardian who are not aware of abusive act.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Safety first! Children need to educate little by little for their safety. Because parents or guardians are not always at their side, it's good to teach them some safety measures. I'm glad the author wrote this book, inspired by her daughter. A lot will benefit from it! Your review is wonderful!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Mei Menny
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mei Menny »

This book shows that parents must protect their kids no matter the cause! It should be very important to be aware of what's going on in children's lives. To prevent any type of violence in their lives.
khaled jabor
Favorite Book: Superhighway
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by khaled jabor »

I am very much convinced that this book deserves an excellent rating of five out of five stars because it has life-saving content. It would benefit children more because its content revolves around their upbringing and safety
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

This book is a must-read for all children, guardians and parents. I enjoyed reading your review. Good job!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”