Review of The Three Heavens

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-odii.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Review of The Three Heavens

Post by Blessing Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Three Heavens" by Paul Hitchiner.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Can your faith really save you? Can you get a new heart without a new birth? Over time, the above questions and many others have slowly dragged Christendom into a state of confusion and dichotomy of beliefs. Paul Hitchiner, in the book The Three Heavens, explicitly addresses and tackles these issues, cutting across over twenty more or less controversial subjects/topics.

Paul Hitchiner is a learned Christian author. He strictly dissects the truth without fear or fervor of any religious faction. The tone of voice which runs through the book can be likened to those of a strictly blunt teacher to an unwilling student who has decided not to unlearn and relearn. I marvel at a depth of wisdom Hitchiner possesses, especially how he simplifies complex topics for easy assimilation. To effectively achieve this, he makes use of simple vocabulary and sentences that would not require the reader to wrack his/her brain to understand them all.

One of the many emphases of the author, asides from giving to the poor and needy, is the issues of the first and second birth. While the first birth has to do with our biological birth, the second birth deals with being born anew. Hitchiner refers to it as being born again. This entails putting to death by the power of God, the old man, which Bible scholars mostly refer to as the Adamic nature. Moreso, I learned that certain groups of persons occupy the first, second, and third heaven as a result of the requirements or responsibilities they've been able to live up to. This first begins with a cleansed and sanctified heart.

You should know that if you are to benefit tremendously from the truths contained in this book, reading it with an open heart is best. Read it with a heart free of sentiments, judgment, and controversy. I can assure you that the lid of falsehood and confusion that may have covered your eye of understanding will unapologetically be blown off. Most importantly, I love how the author seeks to consolidate the truth in the reader's mind through a couple of heartfelt and sincere prayer sections.

I would gladly pick this book up again and glean from its profound truth in the future. I just could not dislike anything about this eye-opening piece. Although minimal mistakes were found, I'm still convinced that the book was well-edited. Hence, I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

You should purchase this book if you are ready to take a step towards unlearning and relearning the deep truths contained therein. I would recommend this book to every Christian who is struggling with a warped view of some biblical truths.

The Three Heavens
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I think I need an open mind to read this fully loaded-book. Even the title is catchy enough to read this. Seems the author listed some eye-opening truths about Christianity. And anyway, your review is well-written.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I need to know the truth about Christianity. I appreciate this review.
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

I would like to get a piece of the author's depth of wisdom by reading this book. He has answered a lot of questions that were left unanswered for years.
Mikail Nurur-Rahman1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikail-nurur-rahman1.html
Latest Review: Ituy by Taylor Willingham

Post by Mikail Nurur-Rahman1 »

Thanks for this review. Even though I'm not a Christian but love to read this book with an open-heart so as to gain much more from it!
Thanks again for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”