Review of To All That Speak

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of To All That Speak

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "To All That Speak" by Brandon Wolfe.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In To All That Speak, Brandon Wolfe did an in-depth analysis of existence as it is versus as it has been fabricated to be by humans over time with evolution. The author started off at the very base level of explaining that the words we speak and write are mere ‘lung puffs’ and ‘hand scribbles,’ and they mean no more than that. He stated that all natural elements are just what they are and not the fabricated names given to them by humans, and they only get as much respect as we allow them. He further did an eye-opening analysis of the effects of social constructs or conditioning on humans, especially as regards religion and politics. In this book, Brandon Wolfe takes the reader back to the actual origin of human existence, the role and significance of words, and the ultimate purpose of life.

The cover of this book perfectly illustrates its entire idea. It's safe to say that the cover is an ideal pictorial representation of the idea that spoken or written word, or ‘lung puff,’ as the author prefers to call it, is king because all social constructs or conditioning emanate from it. I love the progression of the book. Brandon Wolfe starts off the concept that formed the discourse in this book from a generic perspective (the perspective of existence), and as the book progresses, he brilliantly narrows down the conversation to discuss particular facets of life, which include religion and politics. The ideas are not scattered all over the place; they flow sequentially. Also, the author provides a perfect model approach to engaging humans on issues regarding the origin of human existence, religion, and politics. It's a great model that will foster effective communication and build understanding.

In this book, the author counselled readers against hostility when engaging people on sensitive topics such as the ones discussed in this book. I feel the author didn't completely adhere to that advice with his delivery in this book. There are times he was a bit hostile in his description of the gods believers of different religions worship. That may constitute a clog in the wheel of a smooth conversation with said believers. That is the only part of this book I found fault in. I believe that to dismantle long-held beliefs, especially ones of a religious nature, the no-attack model will get the best result.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. Despite the slight issue I stated in the third paragraph, I believe the book still deserves a perfect rating because the author’s analyses were succinctly and brilliantly delivered, plus the fact that the book was exceptionally well edited, as I found no error in it. Brandon Wolfe succeeded in simplifying complex concepts in this book, and readers with an open mind will undoubtedly have a great time reading this information-packed book.

Brandon Wolfe has a very different perspective on life, and every open-minded reader will gain a whole lot of new information from the pages of this book. Readers looking to explore a different viewpoint on the origin of human existence, the importance of words, and the purpose of life should pick up this book.

To All That Speak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Noel Mulenga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noel-mulenga.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Noel Mulenga »

Amazing.
Opara Jerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opara-jerry.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Opara Jerry »

Interesting investigation into the physical and social perception of man. This book seems philosophical but unfortunately doesn’t really seek to add to any previously realized fundamental question. I might have to just to skip this one.
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I do agree with Brandon Wolfe's school of thought. Our days are filled with much color and depth because of the value we give to these things. I wonder what is his opinion on the purpose of life?
Pablo Escobar 5
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pablo Escobar 5 »

Interesting investigation into the physical and social perception of man. This book seems philosophical but unfortunately doesn’t really seek to add to any previously realized fundamental question. I might have to just to skip this one.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

I agree that social constructs are mere fabrications. This seems like it'll be a great review. Well done.
farah135
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by farah135 »

This is an inspirational and powerful poem by Brandon Wolfe. It speaks to those who are struggling and feeling lost, reminding them of the importance of standing up for themselves and being proud of who they are. It speaks to the beauty of diversity and how it can bring strength and understanding to our world. The poem speaks of overcoming adversity and finding courage in the face of it. It encourages us to never give up and to keep fighting for what we believe in. This is an inspiring and uplifting poem that will bring hope and encouragement to those who read it.
Ezennaya D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezennaya-d.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Ezennaya D »

After reading the review, I had to look at the book's cover again. And all I could say is, words or as the author calls it "lung puffs" is king and he definitely crowned it. I will like to explore how this is a tool in religious and political circle. No doubt this book will be an amazing read. Great review.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I love your review. Well done.
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

I appreciate the in-depth analysis of existence that the author carried out in this book. It is highly informative. Thanks for a detailed review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”