Review of E.A.T. An unconditional decade in the life of a cancer patient

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omobolanle Savage
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Re: Review of E.A.T. An unconditional decade in the life of a cancer patient

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

This is an all encompassing book that teaches about several things like treating cancer. This is the highlight of this review for me. The author will be a knowledgeable man and I respect intelligent people like him.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I like stories that cheer me on on my journey. Always whispering to me that I am limitless. I can achieve anything that I set my mind at. This will be a good book for me to read. It's awesome.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The fact that the book is written in journal entries from different periods of Kathy's life makes it even more personal and authentic. I agree that anyone can benefit from reading this book, not just cancer patients. Overall, this review has left me feeling inspired and moved by Kathy's story.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

As someone who has had cancer impact my life, I appreciate books like this that offer hope and guidance to those going through similar experiences. Thank you to Kathy for sharing her story.
I'm intrigued by the concept of food as medicine and am excited to learn more about it through Kathy's organization NuGenesis. This book seems like a great resource for anyone looking to improve their health through dietary changes.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

The lack of page numbers may be a minor drawback, but it's clear that the book is still very well-written and worth reading. I'm impressed by Kathy's determination to overcome cancer and her commitment to empowering others through her work with NuGenesis.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

It's heartwarming to hear about how Kathy's daughters supported her through her cancer journey. Family truly can be a great source of strength during difficult times. I appreciate that the book covers not only Kathy's experiences with cancer treatment but also her journey to establish NuGenesis. It's inspiring to see how she's taken her experiences and turned them into something positive for others.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

This review has convinced me to pick up a copy of E.A.T. An Unconventional Decade In The Life Of A Cancer Patient. I'm looking forward to being inspired by Kathy's story and learning more about the power of food as medicine. It's clear that many people will find it to be an inspiring and informative read.
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

EmmaGrace and Hannah sound like incredibly strong and supportive daughters. The book’s writing style is unique and adds to the whole book’s appealing properties. I would love to read her day-to-day and month-to-month experiences,
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

E.A.T. An unconditional decade in the life of a cancer patient by Kathy Mydlach Bero is a book that takes uou into the zone to know what happens in the life of the main character.
Anthony Ekemezie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

The fight against cancer is never easy and anyone suffering from it needs all the love and support he can get. I would love to read about Kathy’s journey in battling with breast cancer. Nice review.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

I admire Kathy for her strength and courage in battling cancer, and I'm sure her story will be an inspiration to many. This review has really piqued my interest in reading this book. It sounds like such an inspiring and heartwarming story.
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

I had no idea that "chemo brain" was a thing either, so I'm really interested in learning more about it and the other aspects of cancer treatment that are covered in the book. Overall, I think this book sounds like an incredible read that would be inspiring to anyone, not just cancer patients. I'm definitely adding it to my reading list!
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

I can see your likes and dislikes. That is wonderful. This is a beautiful and sad story. Surviving is the hardest and it requires strength. Great review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Cancer is a menace that has done so much to society. I can imagine Kathy's feelings about how she went from being strong and vibrant to being so dependent. Great review.
Hartly Samsford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartly-samsford.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Hartly Samsford »

It's incredible to hear about the connection Kathy had with her horse Simon, and how he seemed to sense things about her that she didn't even know. That just goes to show how special and intuitive animals can be.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”