Review of Nine Months

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Review of Nine Months

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nine Months" by Tania Tomyn.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tania and her husband adopted Wilbur after her 34th birthday. He was found on the streets of Pasadena and rescued with a messed-up eye that needed surgery. Her friend Becky had suggested Wilbur to her because he looked a lot like the dog she already had, Hank. However, the first night with Wilbur wasn't at all what they had anticipated. It was frustrating with his snort that developed into a snore, and she cried herself to sleep after trying to stop or reduce the snoring, but to no avail. When they went to the doctor, they found out that Wilbur had degenerative heart disease, which caused the valves on both the left and right sides of the heart to wear down over time. The vet also suggested surgery that could help Wilbur breathe better and stop the snoring. Was the surgery helpful? Or did the doctor find another diagnosis? You'll find out when you read the book.

The author of this book knows how to convey emotions with words. I felt every happy moment, every sad one, and even felt like I was there for all the doctor's appointments. Tania poured her heart into this book and shared with readers the highlights of Wilbur's time with her family.

I love that the author shared pictures every step of the way. It helped me put a face to the story. I was able to see Hank and Wilbur, Tania and her husband, their visits to the vet, some of their moments at the office, the other dogs that Tania has adopted, etc. A combination of images in the story made it spectacular.

Each chapter is titled a month of the year, starting from June ( when Wilbur was adopted) all the way to march of the next year and to when they adopted other dogs. I appreciate that the book was exceptionally well edited, as I did not encounter any errors while reading it. The book was easy to read, and the flow was uninterrupted because the book had no errors. I really commend the author for this. This book is a short read as it is just 45 pages long.

I recommend Nine Months: The Story Of Wilbur by Tania Tomyn to pet lovers. This is a story that every dog parent should read. This is the most heartfelt story I have read in a while, and I hope that everyone who reads it is touched just as I have been. I also hope that anyone who reads this book will open their homes and extend love to man's best friend. As there is nothing I dislike about the book, I happily rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

Nine Months
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Michael Valentine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Pendulum Charts Contact Your Angelic Team by Raven Shamballa

Post by Michael Valentine »

This book has an interestimg storyline. I would definetely love to read it. Thank you for this beautiful review.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

This plot is interesting and I will love to read about the outcome of the surgery if there was any. Wonderful review.
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

I don't really know much about dogs but I do hope that Wilbur survives the surgery. All pet lovers will appreciate this book.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I can almost feel the emotions of the book.
Thank you for a well-written review.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Tania and her husband are characters who people should learn from. I love it when people offer a hand of help to those less privileged. I will love to read this book. Good job.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

So good, what a lovely couple. Tania and her husband have made me emotional right now will truly want to read this book to learn more about them. Good job.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

What picked my interest in the book is Tania and her husband's adoption of the helpless person. I enjoy it when people help the less privileged. Good job.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

The help of Tania and her husband has encouraged her to help the less privileged because there is always a reward attached to it. Good work. I enjoyed your review.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

This book sounds like the perfect reminder of the unconditional love that dogs provide. The fact that the author was able to turn a difficult situation into a heartwarming story is truly admirable. I can't wait to read this book and fall in love with Wilbur's story. Thank you for the recommendation!
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I appreciate how detailed and well-written your review is. The way you described the book makes me feel like I was there with Wilbur and his family. I can't wait to read this book and experience the emotions that you described. I love how the author incorporated pictures into the book, it adds a personal touch.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: What Makes You Feel Better That Starts With The Letter by Sienna L. Ambrose

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

On reading the title of the book I felt it was talk about pregnancy 😆 😆 little did I know. I like that the author could use just writing to convey emotions, this is the true definition of a unique writing style.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

I completely agree with your review of Nine Months: The Story Of Wilbur. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this book, it was very insightful. Your review has convinced me to add this book to my reading list. Your review has piqued my interest in Tania Tomyn's other works.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

Your review has given me a new appreciation for pet owners and their furry friends. Thank you for introducing me to this heartwarming story. I'm impressed by the author's ability to convey such raw emotions in their writing.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html

Post by Samuel Songs »

I appreciate your recommendation and will definitely be picking up a copy of this book. The way you described the book's flow and lack of errors makes me even more excited to read it. It's great to see a book that focuses on the joys and challenges of pet ownership.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”