Review of Strategy Realized - The Business Hierarchy of Needs®

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Review of Strategy Realized - The Business Hierarchy of Needs®

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Strategy Realized - The Business Hierarchy of Needs®" by Jim Gitney.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jim Gitney is the CEO of Group50® Consulting. He saw that the main reasons strategies didn't work were a lack of strategic alignment and agreement across organizations and bad technology and business processes. As a result, Jim made the Business Hierarchy of Needs®, which he has used successfully as a framework for designing and implementing strategies. The Business Hierarchy of Needs® is made up of three levels, and each level is carefully and thoroughly explained. The board of directors and the senior leadership team are mostly in charge of Level 1. It provides a foundation for strategy, analysis, and planning. Level 2, known as "Knowledge and Chart Management," serves as a bridge between strategy and results. It involves fully engaging all stakeholders, including alignment, agreement, skills, and team optimization. Middle-level leaders are mainly responsible for this level. Level 3, which is about implementing the strategy, is mostly the job of project teams, individual contributors, vendors, and process owners. It includes the application of technology, business process re-engineering, and tools.

This book shows how the different levels are connected and depend on each other. Skipping Level 1 or starting in the middle could lead to anti-strategy. And the incomplete development of Level 2 can result in poor leadership and ineffective change management, making it difficult to achieve desired outcomes. The book covers talent optimization, succession planning, and hiring practices. It also emphasizes the significance of having a clear mission, a vision statement, and strong values. This book will teach you how to set your Most Important Goal (MIG), conduct Gap analysis, and explore the three levels. The book also talks in depth about how technology affects almost every part of the Business Hierarchy of Needs®.

The author's introduction in the preface of the book was immensely helpful in providing readers with a clear idea of what to expect. It made it much easier to follow along with the content that followed. I like how the author took the time to explain complicated business terms that not all readers might know. Terms such as RPA, Pareto Chart, Six Sigma, etc., were new to me, but the author provided their full meanings. Additionally, the author provided external links to resources like graphics, worksheets, workshops, and assessments that can help support the book. The author's investment in the development of the readers is truly admirable. The author also clearly outlines what is required of the company at each level and breaks down all the concepts into simple terms that are easy to understand and implement.

Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs® – Turning Strategy Into Results by Jim Gitney focuses on developing and implementing effective strategies. The strategies in this book take an integrated approach to get real results, focusing on how important it is for people and organizations to work together.

The author introduces the strategic planning methodology called "Where to Play" and "How to Win" as critical tools used in the book. The methodology is designed to make it easier for leadership teams to communicate strategies effectively to all members of the organization, regardless of their position or educational background. The benefit of using this methodology is that strategies built on this concept are straightforward to communicate and define the role of each stakeholder. The author used real-life stories and examples to make the book more relatable and easier to comprehend. It is common for business books to become tedious with excessive jargon, but the author avoided this by presenting the information in a clear and concise way. In fact, the author listened to his readers' feedback and simplified the book's content to make it more accessible. The author provides examples of companies that have successfully implemented these strategies, making it evident that the methodology can be effective in various contexts.

This book provides a wealth of information and knowledge, making it a valuable resource for organizations, entrepreneurs, and businesses of all types and sizes. I highly recommend this book to business owners, executives, and corporations, as it is incredibly informative and practical. After reading the book, you will clearly understand how to create and implement your unique Business Hierarchy of Needs®, which can significantly benefit your organization. There is nothing I disliked about the book, and it was exceptionally well edited. Hence, I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars.

Strategy Realized - The Business Hierarchy of Needs®
View: on Bookshelves
Michael Valentine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

This book seems to have a lot of knowledge and lessons. I would definitely love to read it. Thank you for your review.
Shedrack A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

Strategy Realized – The Business Hierarchy of Needs® – Turning Strategy Into Results by Jim Gitney focuses on developing and implementing effective strategies. The strategies in this book take an integrated approach to get real results, focusing on how important it is for people and organizations to work together. Excellent review!
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Wow, I love it when business owners change strategies when they found out that the first logic has failed. Not dealing with past failure. Good job on this review.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

This book will be great for those that want to know how to navigate through business challenges. I love the narrative of the book. Good job. I will try to read it.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Best book for business people. I can't wait to read this bool because I also fall in love with business materials. This is great for businessmen. Good review.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I'm a businessman I enjoy business books. For this reason, I must look for this book and read it because the review sounds helpful. Good job on this book.
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

Thank you for such a detailed and informative review of Jim Gitney's book! The Business Hierarchy of Needs® seems like an effective framework for designing and implementing strategies. I appreciate the author's focus on strategic alignment and the importance of technology and business processes.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

Your positive comments about the author's writing style and approach are especially noteworthy. It's clear that the author has made a concerted effort to make the content accessible and easy to understand, even for readers who may be unfamiliar with certain business terms and concepts.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I will love to find out how knowledge and chart management is the bridge between strategy and result. A lot of effort was put in to write this review and I can see the excellent result. Keep it up.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

The three levels of the Business Hierarchy of Needs® are well-explained, making it easy to understand and implement. I like how the book emphasizes the significance of a clear mission, vision statement, and strong values. The author's investment in the development of the readers is admirable, providing external resources to support the book.
Tony T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-t.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Tony T »

The author's introduction in the preface seems helpful in providing a clear idea of what to expect from the book. The book's focus on people and organizations working together to achieve results is commendable. Thank you for this review and for recommending it to business owners, executives, and corporations.
Amy Toria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-tor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amy Toria »

It's excellent that the author took reader feedback and simplified the book's content to make it more accessible. I like how the book provides examples of companies that have successfully implemented the strategies. The book sounds like a valuable resource for businesses of all types and sizes.
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall.”

Roald Dahl
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html

Post by Samuel Songs »

It's excellent that the author took reader feedback and simplified the book's content to make it more accessible. I like how the book provides examples of companies that have successfully implemented the strategies. The book sounds like a valuable resource for businesses of all types and sizes.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

This is a book for CEOs and entrepreneurs and those who are anticipating of becoming one. I believe it will be helpful for those who will read it. But as I see the book cover, I lost interest in it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”