Review of Anxiety Independence

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Anxiety Independence

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Anxiety Independence" by J.D. Kismet.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Anxiety Independence by J.D. Kismet is a great self-help book that offers tremendous help to those suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, and overthinking. It also helps those healing from emotional trauma in just five simple steps. In this book, the author helps you understand that you are not alone in the journey of healing from trauma and anxiety, and with the right tools, it is possible to heal completely and get your life back on track. It doesn't just teach ways to heal from your trauma and take control of your anxiety, but it also teaches ways to build back your confidence after you're done healing. The author asks only one thing from you, commitment.

I have read quite a number of self-help books, and I must say that this, beyond just being my favorite, is the best of its kind. In terms of grammatical errors, I found none in this book, which without a doubt, helped make my reading smooth. Also, J.D. Kismet used a soothing tone in this book. I liked the fact that he suggested a plethora of ideas and gave the reader the opportunity to choose one that best soothes his anxiety. I also liked the fact that case studies were given in this book because that would help readers understand better how to navigate the five steps the author recommended. For years now, I have been suffering from anxiety, and I don't seem to have a working solution to it. After reading this book, I am very confident that if I start practicing the recommended steps daily, I will be over my anxiety in no time.

One thing I came across in this book that I am guilty of is constantly ignoring the source of my anxiety and always imagining the worst-case scenario even when, in reality, I know things will most likely not turn out the way I imagined. Positive self-talk is one of the things this book taught, and I think it’s easy to inculcate that in my everyday life. I also learnt not to always focus on the bad side of all scenarios. There are always two sides to a coin, and most times, we tend to focus on just the bad side of most of our experiences without trying to know if there are positive sides to them. This book is a breath of fresh air. It makes you see things from a different perspective. It doesn’t just help your anxiety, but you can pick a few life lessons in between.

I don’t think there is a reason to dislike anything about this book. It ticked my boxes of what a good book should entail. It was a fast-paced book that simultaneously succeeded in delivering all its valid points.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I didn't remove any star because there's absolutely no reason to do so. It's evident that J.D. Kismet engaged the services of a professional with the editing of this book. I found no spelling or grammatical errors in it, which points to the fact that it was exceptionally well edited.

I recommend this book to those suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, and overthinking. Also, those healing from emotional trauma should pick this book up as its content will be of massive help to them.

Anxiety Independence
View: on Bookshelves
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

I like that the author did not draw out the lessons and points in the book. This can make the book feel boring and make readers lose interest. I also like the message of this book. It addresses a struggle that a lot of people deal with.
Tadi02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tadi02.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Tadi02 »

I suffer from anxiety and over thinking and I feel like this book could be of great help. Great review!
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

Gift Modekwe wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 03:23 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Anxiety Independence" by J.D. Kismet.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Anxiety Independence by J.D. Kismet is a great self-help book that offers tremendous help to those suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, and overthinking. It also helps those healing from emotional trauma in just five simple steps. In this book, the author helps you understand that you are not alone in the journey of healing from trauma and anxiety, and with the right tools, it is possible to heal completely and get your life back on track. It doesn't just teach ways to heal from your trauma and take control of your anxiety, but it also teaches ways to build back your confidence after you're done healing. The author asks only one thing from you, commitment.

I have read quite a number of self-help books, and I must say that this, beyond just being my favorite, is the best of its kind. In terms of grammatical errors, I found none in this book, which without a doubt, helped make my reading smooth. Also, J.D. Kismet used a soothing tone in this book. I liked the fact that he suggested a plethora of ideas and gave the reader the opportunity to choose one that best soothes his anxiety. I also liked the fact that case studies were given in this book because that would help readers understand better how to navigate the five steps the author recommended. For years now, I have been suffering from anxiety, and I don't seem to have a working solution to it. After reading this book, I am very confident that if I start practicing the recommended steps daily, I will be over my anxiety in no time.

One thing I came across in this book that I am guilty of is constantly ignoring the source of my anxiety and always imagining the worst-case scenario even when, in reality, I know things will most likely not turn out the way I imagined. Positive self-talk is one of the things this book taught, and I think it’s easy to inculcate that in my everyday life. I also learnt not to always focus on the bad side of all scenarios. There are always two sides to a coin, and most times, we tend to focus on just the bad side of most of our experiences without trying to know if there are positive sides to them. This book is a breath of fresh air. It makes you see things from a different perspective. It doesn’t just help your anxiety, but you can pick a few life lessons in between.

I don’t think there is a reason to dislike anything about this book. It ticked my boxes of what a good book should entail. It was a fast-paced book that simultaneously succeeded in delivering all its valid points.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I didn't remove any star because there's absolutely no reason to do so. It's evident that J.D. Kismet engaged the services of a professional with the editing of this book. I found no spelling or grammatical errors in it, which points to the fact that it was exceptionally well edited.

I recommend this book to those suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, and overthinking. Also, those healing from emotional trauma should pick this book up as its content will be of massive help to them.

Anxiety Independence
View: on Bookshelves
I know some people whom this book will greatly benefit from. Overthinking can lead to anxiety which can lead to panic attacks and it can be very tough. Nice book and a great review!
Karla Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Karla Bianca »

This book is an amazing book, if you do have panic attack as I have it helps you understand how to react when you have gotten one or how to recognised one
call me rafiki
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by call me rafiki »

Nice work
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

Anxiety is a challenge so many people face today. This book is a very good guide to help reduce over thinking. Nice review here, welldone
Mari53
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mari53 »

Anxiety is something I deal with on a daily so, it feels nice to know I’m not the only one.
Sindhu Srinath
Currently Reading: Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sindhu-srinath.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: B06Y66GMC5

Post by Sindhu Srinath »

Not a fan of self-help books. My heart goes out to people who are still suffering from anxiety. I do believe that healing eventually comes from within, but this book might be a means to pave that path inside you. Hope it helps many. Excellent review!
Rolivhuwa M 2
Currently Reading:

Post by Rolivhuwa M 2 »

I was going through anxiety myself the last few months until i went through this book it is a helpful guidance for people who are going through such feelings but i do feel like the writer doesn't portray the feeling of anxiety like some of us felt is
Shana Mosley

Post by Shana Mosley »

As a person who suffers from anxiety, having tools to help deal/cope with anxiety is a plus but the thought of a self help book/guide literally gives me anxiety
Night Reader 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-night-reader-1.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Night Reader 1 »

Great review. Thanks for the review it will help lots of people in their healing journey.
Nessa Taylor
Favorite Author: Charles Townsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nessa-taylor.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale
fav_author_id: 232651

Post by Nessa Taylor »

Great review. I also tend to overthink which leads to unnecessary anxiety. This sounds like a book I would really benefit from reading.
Eze-Ogo Kal Dimuo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-ogo-kal-dimuo.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Eze-Ogo Kal Dimuo »

I love that the readers of this book will not only learn how to manage anxiety but also ways to build self-confidence. The reviewer did a great job by personalizing the lessons learnt while reading. Great job :tiphat:
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I enjoyed reading this review. The positive and negative aspects were properly outlined. It highlights the good job the reviewer did. I recommend this book to all.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”