Review of OnlineBookClub Magazine (April 2023 Edition) -- epub version, ARC

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Anxiety and Depression by Lillyin Love

Review of OnlineBookClub Magazine (April 2023 Edition) -- epub version, ARC

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "OnlineBookClub Magazine (April 2023 Edition) -- epub version, ARC" by S. Jeyran Main.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

OnlineBookClub Magazine (3rd Edition), edited by S. Jeyran Main, is a one-stop read for book lovers. It features book reviews, backstories of notable authors, and their inspirations for their books. Book lovers will delve into the minds of these authors, including their struggles in writing the perfect book, distribution, promotion, and publishing challenges, and what occurs behind the scenes of some of their favourite novels. It also contains interviews with authors to understand what led to the creation of their books.

Aspiring writers can also learn a lot from the experiences of these authors. Among my favourite inspirational stories in the magazine is that of Michael O. Borthwick, author of A Mechanic's Handbook to the God of the Bible, who shared that he suffered from an illness that made it difficult to concentrate on any task. However, once he discovered writing as a passion, he found out that he could focus for hours when writing a book. Another story I loved was that of J. E. Hibpshman, author of Slave to King, who was born with a learning disability. After being told by a teacher that he was “too stupid to read,” he set out to prove them wrong and even went further to author his book.

The magazine also contains funny stories shared by these authors. I laughed heartily when I read the story of Jude Austin, author of Project Tau, and her experiences with agents. However, as interesting as this magazine was, it had a few editing issues. For example, the chapter titled ‘The Greatest Gift' was duplicated. The first time it appeared was to show a write-up by Rob White, author of The Maestro Monologue. However, the next chapter was also named the same thing, but this time, it was under the name of Van Fleisher. Also, the page dedicated to Fleisher contains a picture of The Maestro Monologue, which wasn’t written by Fleisher but by Rob White.

Also, the interviews and write-ups by authors contain their summaries/backgrounds. These summaries are usually in a smaller font than the interviews or write-ups. However, this wasn’t the case in the interview with Craig W. Stanfill, author of Terms of Service. The font used for his summary was different, which didn’t make for a uniform presentation.

Despite these minor issues, this magazine was a fun and insightful read. The editing issues didn’t detract from my reading experience. As a result, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. This magazine will be a perfect addition for aspiring writers and book lovers who enjoy knowing what goes on in creating a book.

OnlineBookClub Magazine (April 2023 Edition) -- epub version, ARC
View: on Bookshelves
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

All the authors in one place! A lot of learning lessons for budding writers. Thanks for the review!
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I have been enjoying about various authors in this magazine and some of the featured reviews. I will be reading this one also. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”