Review of Meditation For People Who Can’t Meditate

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: I'll Always Be With You by Violetta Armour

Review of Meditation For People Who Can’t Meditate

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Meditation For People Who Can’t Meditate" by Dr. Samuel Samtosha Steinberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

For millennia, humans have sought inner peace. Still, with new inventions and modern innovations, distractions keep piling up, making the search for inner peace and stillness of mind an impossible task. However, four ancient techniques have been proposed as a means for one to quiet his mind and achieve inner peace. Chief among these techniques is the practice of meditation. Meditation provides a means for your mind to become more relaxed, which in turn increases your awareness of your body as well as your surroundings.

Meditation for People Who Can't Meditate by Dr. Samuel Samtosha Steinberg seeks to give people who are interested in starting a meditation practice or simply want to know what meditation is all about in-depth knowledge of what meditation really entails.The book covers the definition of meditation as well as its link to mindfulness. It also explains and debunks myths about meditation and differentiates it from hypnotism, all in great detail. It also captures the beautiful details of other beneficial habits, such as journaling, explaining in great detail how one can start and maintain the habit of keeping a journal.

This book captured all the qualities of a beginner's guide, even in a matter as complex as meditation. It slowly immerses you in the whole concept of meditation, starting with the definition. It also mentions other ancient techniques that humans have used to seek inner peace and stillness of mind, giving you a chance to explore other options.

Another great thing about this book is how it greatly details the act of meditation, giving step-by-step guides for each process such that the meditation practice becomes very seamless for someone who cannot meditate. The book also attempts to capture other excellent habits one can incorporate into a daily routine aside from meditation, such as journaling and writing one's life story. This gave the book a broader concept, ensuring that it was not limited to the act of meditation alone. Another great aspect of this book was how it used everyday objects like cheese and Lego bricks to make meditation practices more relatable and achievable for beginners and people who are unable to meditate. Lastly, I found no errors in the book, which suggests that it was exceptionally well edited.

Sadly, there were some very unnecessary repetitions in the book. The benefits of meditation, as well as the steps for meditation practices, were discussed numerous times. Initially, I assumed it was for emphasis, but after a while, it became quite annoying. Also, the ending of the book was a bit haphazard. I couldn't tell whether I was still reading the main book or if I had somehow entered the appendix. Finally, I discovered that one chapter was missing, specifically chapter 26, and this caused a bit of confusion in what would have been a seamless reader experience.

At the end of the day, I enjoyed reading this book somewhat, and I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars. Perhaps if the author had cut down on the number of unnecessary repetitions as well as arranged the book's ending better, I would have given it a higher rating.If you're someone who wants to delve into the act of meditation or you're finding it difficult to maintain your meditation practice, then this book is definitely for you. If you're just seeking to know more about meditation or what meditation is all about, then you'd find this book quite helpful too. Enjoy!

Meditation For People Who Can’t Meditate
View: on Bookshelves
iwanttobebetter2023
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iwanttobebetter2023.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by iwanttobebetter2023 »

I have recently started my journey towards achieving mental peace. I agree that starting out is probably the most difficult part. thank you for your insightful review. I will surely check the book out.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I need to read this book because my mind is craving peace. Thank you for your review.
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

This book could help people on a deeper level as most lead a stressful life and anxiety has become a common issue, leading to several health problems. Thanks for the insightful review!
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Meditation has been proven to be beneficial for overall health and this book confirms it. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”