Review of Quest: Finding Freddie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eunice Mbindyo 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Re: Review of Quest: Finding Freddie

Post by Eunice Mbindyo 1 »

wow, good job.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Lead-Er-Ship by William Canary

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

I have always wanted to reading a book based on Nigeria's history and I think this would be a great start. Thanks for the review.
Eunice Mbindyo 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Eunice Mbindyo 1 »

Wow what a nice review this really helped me know more about this Nigerian history, wow nice can't wait to read this bo
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

Many Nigerians have no idea of the conspiracies that has taken place in their government over the years, yet, some claim to be elders and don't know about this.
Tari egai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tari-egai.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Tari egai »

The work is truly impressive, and the storyline is incredibly captivating. I can't help but wonder about the fate of Mr. Freddie and I hope he makes it out alive.
Matthan Chishala
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Matthan Chishala »

I stumbled upon your review of "Quest: Finding Freddie" by Thomas Richard Spradlin, and I wanted to take a moment to express my deepest appreciation for your thoughtful and enthusiastic analysis of the book.

Your review beautifully captured the essence of the story and highlighted its strengths with such eloquence. It's evident that you took the time to delve into the intricacies of the plot, character development, and the immersive world-building that Spradlin has masterfully created. Your words painted a vivid picture of the book's captivating nature, leaving me with a renewed sense of pride and gratitude as the author.

I am thrilled to hear that the adventure resonated with you and kept you engaged until the very end. Your recognition of the relatable and endearing protagonist, Freddie, along with the well-rounded supporting cast, assures me that the characters have connected with readers on a deeper level. It brings me immense joy to know that readers can find inspiration and courage through their journeys.

Furthermore, your appreciation for the world-building and attention to detail warms my heart. As an author, creating an immersive and believable setting is crucial, and I'm delighted to hear that the efforts put into crafting the world of "Quest: Finding Freddie" paid off. Your mention of the vivid descriptions and ability to transport readers into the realm of magic and wonder brings me great satisfaction.

Lastly, I would like to express my gratitude for recognizing the underlying themes of friendship, courage, and self-discovery that run throughout the story. It was my intention to infuse these important life lessons into the narrative, and your acknowledgement of their impact reinforces my belief that they can resonate with readers of all ages.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience with "Quest: Finding Freddie" through your review. Your support and encouragement mean the world to me as an author. I sincerely hope that the book continues to captivate readers and bring them joy.
ha12
Currently Reading: Critical Habitat
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by ha12 »

This book seems very interesting. Combining mystery with environmental issues is completely fresh and good characters are a cherry on top. Thanks for the great review
Mokhantso Letsela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mokhantso-letsela.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT: Mastering AI Conversations for Beginners by Malcolm Oppenheimer

Post by Mokhantso Letsela »

This book sounds amazing. I will definitely be reading it in the near future. Thank you for the lovely, detailed review.
Benjamin Ounoi
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benjamin-ounoi.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Benjamin Ounoi »

This book is absolutely great in teaching history to new generation.the content appears familiar for the keen readers of history which is also easy to read and understand
Benjamin Ounoi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benjamin-ounoi.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Benjamin Ounoi »

Thanks for the review
theophilus otaru
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theophilus-otaru.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by theophilus otaru »

I love the details and conclusion of events, it's simple and exemplary
Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The historical context and personal stakes make this a gripping account, raising questions about the fate of Mr. Nachman and the challenges faced during those turbulent times.
Linroy Laidlow
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Linroy Laidlow »

This book is amazing the information especially is educationial in terms of teaching and history this sounds very nice.
Jabulile Mahlangu 1
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Jabulile Mahlangu 1 »

It was an eventful year in Nigeria during the year 1976. Public executions had become a norm and visiting that place would be termed unsafe for anyone. As we all know of the fact that they proudly disapprove of any Jewish citizens or their culture in general based on their political views. It is a land that is still divided to this day because of such. I Remembered the Boko Haram and their quest of kidnapping those teenage girls.

Freddie Nachman a successful CEO of Nachman International Trading Corporation goes to Nigeria to close off a business deal. This is normal for any business man as this was business as usual. The luxurious hotel he had checked into offered him a pleasing scenery. He walks out for a walk and does not return. The hotel staff or anyone around has no idea of his whereabouts.

Freddie was a Jewish man and his whereabouts scared the entire American empire. They were scared enough to isolate themselves from the situation. There was no rescue team organised or live broadcast. His wife was devastated enough to ask his lawyer to go and seek for her husband . The lawyer did go to Nigeria only to encounter the worst but his resilience kept him in one piece.

The road travelling throughout the book is adventurous and unpredictable. The authors intentions were to keep me glued to the book and it worked. I would have loved to see more dialogues between characters and less narrating. The were no errors in editing everything else was pure clean suspense. A 5 out of 5 rating for this one
Yonia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Yonia »

A very educational book that chronicles the history and politics of Nigeria during its heyday. The frequent cases of murder and public executions make the story more challenging.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”