Review of Mary Morning Martha Day

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of Mary Morning Martha Day

Post by Agbata Trust »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mary Morning Martha Day" by Pam Lilly.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Pam Lilly's Mary Morning Martha Day is a wonderful Christian novel about the lives of two women. I thought I knew Mary and Martha so well until I read this book. There are a lot of deep revelations from these two characters that make this book amazing.

The question is: What made Martha and Mary outstanding? Firstly, these two were sisters. But then, Jesus entered a village while he was traveling. He met Martha, who welcomed him, and her sister, Mary, who sat at his feet and was listening to him, while Martha was distracted by her different task. These two acts above are where the Christian principles taught in this book come from. God is interested in our service to him, but he is more interested in our intimacy with him. How can we discipline ourselves to make God the first person in our lives? Grab a copy of this book to find out.

Unlike other books like this that always condemn those who haven’t gotten it right with God, this book only shared the advantages of having the person of God in one’s life. This is the best approach to drawing people to God. I loved how the author did an in-depth study of Martha and Mary and was able to bring out a lot of teachings from them. Due to the easy and peaceful flow of this book, I felt the need to screen myself to know if I had given God enough time. This book is not judgmental; rather, it stretches the need to be more intimate with God. Among the many amazing features of this book are the questions at the end of each chapter to help readers reflect on the lessons they learned. The writing style was amazing, and the author adopted a convincing narrative approach. I loved that each chapter was short and straight to the point. The title was the main reason I read the book. I found the book so intriguing and suspenseful that I had to read it to find out what it contained, and I am very glad I did.

I noticed a few errors while reading. Also, I came across a few empty pages. These were the only things that seemed off to me. Aside from that, the book was well-edited and had a nice design. Because of what has been stated above, I will give this book five out of five stars.

Intimacy with God helps us get better at what we do. I recommend this book to lovers of Christian books. Also, those who are passing through hard times will find this book helpful. 

Mary Morning Martha Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

This book will be quite useful to a Christian to learn how to get close to God. Our intimate relationship with God is very important and must not be taken for granted. Nice review!
Thompson Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Intimacy with God is the only way to hear from God. The author is very brilliant to have analysed the characters so well. I enjoyed reading your review.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

It seems that the author wanted to teach morals from the life of Mary and Martha. I wonder what inspired this book, and I'm looking forward to learning from it. Thanks for an amazing review.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting, remarkable and well thought of review. I enjoyed reading every part of your review and I would definitely love to try out this book. I do feel like one can learn a lot from this book.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

This book has quite an interesting detail. There's a lot to learn from Mary and Martha. However, I was intrigued by the statement of having intimacy with God. Good review.
Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egenti-ignatius-chimaobi.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Egenti Ignatius Chimaobi »

I love how this book talks about Bible characters and then makes them such relatable characters. From your review, I am made to understand that the book teaches about morals and how to get close with God.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

The author did an excellent job. This book seems very beneficial to Christians, and as a Christian, I'll definitely read this book. Thanks for the review.
Jonalyn Ituralde
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jonalyn Ituralde »

The author did an excellent job. This book seems very beneficial to Christians, and as a Christian, I'll definitely read this book. Thanks for the review.
Onyinye Nwokolo
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-nwokolo.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Onyinye Nwokolo »

The approach to correcting struggling christians is key to the adjustment such Christian will make. Reading this book will help guide me in encouraging younger christians.
Thanks for a wonderful review.
Prisca olu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisca-olu.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Prisca olu »

It's really awesome that some wrote an deep study on Mary and her sister Martha without the judgement that usually follows such book. A great review.
Medina Fedrick
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medina-fedrick.html
Latest Review: Across the Kentucky Color Line by Lee Durham Stone

Post by Medina Fedrick »

This sounds like the story of Jesus, Mary and Martha in the Bible. While Mary was listening to Jesus's teachings, Martha was busy preparing meals.
Melisa Fernandez 2

Post by Melisa Fernandez 2 »

This book will help a lot in our Journey to be more closer to God,, how i wished i could have a copy for this Book ,God bless and more Power.
Donaldo cris
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donaldo-cris.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Donaldo cris »

Wow
Book like this always leave me caught up in thoughts. I would love to take a glimpse of this book. Congrats on your published review
Charles Babbage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-babbage.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Charles Babbage »

Lots of Christians would really love to read this book as it's really insightful. Your review on this book was top notch and I'm glad to have read it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”