Review of God is Willing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Review of God is Willing

Post by Emeka Emordi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God is Willing" by Charlene Murray.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

God is Willing by Charlene Murray is an expose into the pre-ordained plan of God before creation. How Satan and the fallen angels are trying to manipulate people with these plans and how God makes salvation available for people. The author tried to explain how the devil plans to manipulate people by whispering bad thoughts into their minds. So, it is paramount that we be able to discern between a bad thought and a good thought. This book contains wisdom that will make readers understand God even better and therefore help them in their journey through life.

In her explanations and arguments, the author buttresses her points with different Bible passages. There is even a chapter, the last chapter, that she dedicates to explaining these Bible verses. She also agreed that a Bible verse can have different interpretations, which could be influenced by what an individual is experiencing. Some of these interpretations might be right, while others just intentionally interpret the verse to justify their actions and inactions.

She is of the opinion that the judgement, which is the hardships we experience now, is a benefit for us because it serves as a catalyst to ensure we stop our wrongdoings that we are willing to stop. So above all, we are all judged by God on this earth.

She is also of the opinion that God knows that we will experience hardships. Therefore, he made divine release available for all humans willing to tap into his salvation so they could cope with this situation. The divine release will ensure that it is less strenuous for believers. And he made his wisdom available through pain.

She is also of the opinion that discernment is a line between judgements. Discernment will always make people decide on what's beneficial for their lives. However, not everyone is endowed with discernment.

God's pre-ordained plan is for men to be wicked but not extremely wicked. And not being an extremely wicked man open to salvation. So, everything that happened from the beginning of the world is pre-ordained.

I agreed with everything the author exposed, but at some point, I felt lost in her explanations. I like her style of writing. She always uses this phrase intermittently: "You see," mostly to open an argument. This made me feel like I was sitting across the table from the author and we were having a one-on-one discussion. But at some point in time, I would have interrupted her arguments at some instances where I felt she used wrong Bible passages or where I felt there was a mix-up. For example, she mixed up the parable of the prodigal son with the parable of the wedding feast in chapter 5.

Apart from my observation above, I feel the book is well written with original thoughts. I like how she presents her arguments sequentially. She did not use any ambiguous vocabulary. I also did not see any errors while reading, which made the book exceptionally edited. This made me rate the book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to Christians who want to get a deeper understanding of their faith. I recommend it for people who want to dig deeper into the plans of God for humanity. We need this type of book for the proper sensitization of believers to be wary of the plans of the enemies to corrupt the minds of young people. When you read this book, you will see the unconditional love of God for humans.

God is Willing
View: on Bookshelves
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting, remarkable and well thought of review. I enjoyed reading every part of your review and I would definitely love to try out this book.
Nkosinathi M 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Nkosinathi M 15 »

The book "God is Willing" by Charlene Murray, which I recently had the pleasure of reading, was unquestionably motivating and thought-provoking.

The author shares her own journey of faith and how she has been able to overcome adversity through her faith in God. The book explores the theme of faith and the effectiveness of prayer. Charlene discusses her own triumphs and setbacks, as well as how her steadfast faith has enabled her to overcome obstacles in life.

The realistic nature of Charlene Murray's personal experiences plus the sincerity and humility with which she conveyed her message made this book one of my favorites. Her message will be felt because she writes with a clarity that is both compelling and thought-provoking.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Hardship is a reminder of God, in my opinion. And He doesn't give hardship that we can't bear. He gives us that just enough for us to surpass. Just like Job in the Bible. Your review Emeka is well-explained and I found it astonishing!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

Nice review. I enjoyed reading this although I am not necessarily sure if this book is the right one for me to read.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I'm so happy that God has perfect plans for mankind. This book sound educational and captivating from your narrative. Good job.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

It is true the devil is doing his best to deviate humans to his side. And all the thoughts he has been whispering into human ears are all in the open. The humans serves as the amplifier to this theories. I believe Christiana will like to garner the wisdom in this book.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I agree with you and the author that man go through difficulties to learn and garner wisdom. The idea that God allow it even make more sense. This seems like a book that's filled with wisdom. I will like to read it.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

I love the way the author uses relatable phrases, like "you see," to engage readers and make the book more conversational. It feels like she is talking directly to the reader, which is something that I appreciate in a book.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

Amazing book review. I am really touched by this great book. I'll quickly get and share in this amazing experience.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The book's emphasis on God's unconditional love for humanity is something that everyone needs to be reminded of, especially in these times where there is so much hate and division in the world.
Tamara Bengesai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-bengesai.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Tamara Bengesai »

God indeed has a perfect plan at his own appointed time. God does know our difficulties and I believe he cannot give us problems that we cannot handle.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

I agree with your observation that there were instances where the author mixed up Bible passages. However, this does not detract from the overall quality of the book, which is well-written and well-edited.
Arrow Shot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrow-shot.html
Latest Review: A Bridge to Home by L J Hippler

Post by Arrow Shot »

I am impressed with the way the author presents her arguments using different Bible passages to back up her points. It shows how thorough she is in her research and how well-versed she is in the Bible. The author's explanation of how Satan manipulates people is enlightening, and it emphasizes the importance of discernment, which is something that we all need in our daily lives.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

Although I might pass on this book, it seems to answer many questions which many people usually ask when it comes to GOD, Christianity and faith. This is a good review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”