Review of A God-Balanced Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ben Mount
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-mount.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Re: Review of A God-Balanced Life

Post by Ben Mount »

The cover of this book captivated my interest. I also appreciate the author for writing such a wonderful self help book. Christians will benefit a lot from reading this book.
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

God-Balanced Life: Who or What Are You Yoked Up With?by James Puckett Sr is a spirit filled book that teaches traders so much about what they had no idea about.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

The idea of a balanced spiritual life is something I have no idea or thought understanding. Being content with God and obedience and faith are all core Christian virtues.
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

I enjoyed reading this review. The positive and negative aspects were properly outlined. It highlights the good job the reviewer did. I recommend this book to all.
Tari egai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tari-egai.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Tari egai »

The book is actually the first Christian self-help book that I have come across in this platform, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. The reviewer did an excellent job of capturing my attention with their insightful and compelling review.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

Balancing is always valuable, whether God is the motor or not. This book would not be for me as a non-Christian, though I do agree with some of the topics such as self-control and learning to be content. I did have to google the word 'tithe'.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr. offers a spiritual journey into living a balanced Christian life. The author's personal anecdotes, like the impact of tithing on his life, make it relatable.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
MercyNdungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercyndungu.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by MercyNdungu »

Sophia Damilola Ajayi wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 16:48 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A God-Balanced Life" by James Puckett Sr..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What comes to mind when you hear the word balance? Balance can refer to a state of being balanced, stable, or in physical equilibrium. Everyone has their own definition of balance. More than physicality, there is a spiritual balance every person must strive to maintain. For Christians, maintaining a balance means simply living the Christ life and obeying the word of God. Any way of living that is in conflict with this denotes a spiritual imbalance.

A God-Balanced Life: Who or What Are You Yoked Up With? is a Christian self-help book authored by James Puckett Sr. that gives Christians an explanation of spiritual balance. The author talks about the importance of living a balanced life as a Christian and the benefits that come with obeying God. The Bible is a guide for every Christian, and Jesus is the model to follow. So living in Christ and obeying the word of God strike the perfect balance. 

The author talked about issues that have generated discussions over the years, such as tithing and attending church meetings on a regular basis. The way the author used instances from his personal experiences really impressed me. For instance, he discussed the value of tithing and the extent to which it might advance a person. He gave us an example of a time in his past when his finances were in disarray and he neglected to pay his tithe. I learned a lot while reading this book, but the advantages of tithing really stood out to me. You are merely robbing God when you fail to pay your tithe. And there is a consequence.

Several other valuable matters are discussed in this book. like self-control, learning how to be content, living and studying the word of God, obedience, faith, and many more interesting subject matters. "Be content with what God has blessed you with." "And if He desires for you to have more, He will open the door for it." This was a statement by the author that really got my attention. Nowadays, we live in a world where many people are never content with what they have. Their appetite for more is ever-increasing and insatiable. The love of money and its consequences was another amazing topic that was dealt with in this great book.

The author used Bible verses to back up his argument, which made the book even more interesting and valuable. Several bible characters were featured, like Noah and his act of faith and obedience; Habakuk; Ananias and Saphira; Apostle Peter; Judas; Micah; David; and many more. 

This was a very short but inspirational book that gave me insights on the importance of living a righteous and balanced life in Christ. As a Christian, I am very pleased to have read this book because the lessons learned will last a lifetime. It was also an eye-opener on some issues I've been dealing with.

This book was professionally edited, and I found nothing to dislike about it. I will be glad to give it a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to Christians who are struggling with their faith and to anyone who has recently gained salvation and is looking for a Christian guide.

A God-Balanced Life
View: on Bookshelves
Thank you for sharing your insightful review of "A God-Balanced Life" by James Puckett Sr. It's evident that you found this Christian self-help book to be valuable and enlightening.

Your explanation of the book's focus on spiritual balance and the importance of living a Christ-centered life resonates with the core message of the book. You appreciated how the author used his personal experiences to illustrate important concepts, such as tithing, and found the discussion on this topic particularly impactful.

Your mention of other valuable subjects covered in the book, like self-control, contentment, faith, and the love of money, highlights the book's comprehensive approach to Christian living. The author's use of Bible verses and references to biblical characters adds depth and authenticity to the book's teachings.

Your assessment of the book as short but inspirational, offering valuable insights for living a righteous and balanced life in Christ, will likely resonate with potential readers. Your comment on the professional editing and the absence of dislikes showcases the book's quality.

Your perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars underscores your positive impression of "A God-Balanced Life," and your recommendation to both struggling Christians and those seeking guidance after gaining salvation is a valuable suggestion for potential readers.

Thank you for providing such a thoughtful and informative review
Hira Imtiaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hira-imtiaz.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Hira Imtiaz »

God's plans are always best for people. People should be content with what God has conferred upon them as well as any deprivations in life.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

What an amazing book, thankfully I just select this book to read today. I hope it as good as this review present it. Congrats to the author for winning BOTD!
Sara Rispo
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-rispo.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sara Rispo »

While it may not align with my reading preferences, I truly believe it offers a valuable perspective for individuals who identify as Christians. Thanks for sharing your review!
"Please, my dear, don't burn yourself to keep them warm".
Erin Maddox McPhee
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-maddox-mcphee.html
Latest Review: Nowhere to Hide by Jude Austin

Post by Erin Maddox McPhee »

It sounds like the section on tithing was very meaningful to you. What other topics did the book discuss?
Devesh Patel
Currently Reading: Where Is Your Eternal Destiny? Heaven or Hell
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devesh-patel.html
Latest Review: Passion Struck by John R. Miles

Post by Devesh Patel »

This is what this book, A God Balanced Life, is about. It’s about the whole man; spirit, body, and soul. It is written to focus on the whole person. The person that you see every time you look into a mirror—you. Our life should be a mirror to the world that reflects the image of Christ. Imagine your life being a scale and the scale is balanced by how you should live it. And how you live is based on the Word of God. Your way of living should be balanced by God’s word. Let’s get ready to Live a God-balanced life.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Killers’ Therapist by Jonathan David

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The book appears to revisit the scriptures to inspire a spiritually balanced life in today’s society. It is a concise guide for Christians to incorporate and practice their faith in their daily lives.
Brienna Cooper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91

Post by Brienna Cooper »

I appreciate this thorough review! Simply trying to get a grasp on the concept of balance has been a huge part of my personal journey (particularly with faith). Making the effort to break all this down rather than telling someone to “just do it” is something that needs to be done more.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”