Review of Muskka

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 337
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Saschaisms by Sascha Bridges Angela Ziska

Review of Muskka

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Muskka" by A.B.Dulz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Muskka by A. B. Dulz tells the story of a young boy who was born in Afghanistan. He lived with his family, which extended beyond his parents and siblings to his grandparents and aunts. He lost his father to the war at a young age. Shortly after that, his mother moved out with his sister. He and his brother continued to live with his grandparents, who took good care of them. Things weren't settled in Afghanistan. So, his grandfather worked on getting them out of there. He wanted to go to the United States. He finally succeeded, and the family moved to start a new life there. Life didn't smile for long, as the grandfather passed away soon after they arrived. That was the beginning of a new era for Muskka and his brother. Things keep happening and life keeps changing, but luckily, they didn't touch his good soul. You can pick up this wonderful book to learn more about this journey.

I enjoyed every little detail of this book. It was a very sentimental read. The journey of the writer was remarkable, and how he could tell it so peacefully impressed me all the way. I liked the zen feeling I could get through that book, and I hope this is how the writer feels now in his life. I admired how forgiving and understanding the writer was towards some of the bad behaviors he was subjected to. I liked his ability to adapt and work hard without complaining. He succeeded in every aspect. That just makes me happy.

There is absolutely nothing to hate about this book. You can only hate the bad things that the little boy was subjected to. You can despise the school for changing his name or classifying him. You can despise his tough uncle and his mother's attitude. You can hate war and what it does to people, but you will definitely enjoy the journey with him.

I gladly rate this book five out of five stars. The writer has a beautiful style, and he really wrote from the heart. I loved how he dedicated the last chapter to talking about his grandfather. He was a really remarkable person. The book received good editing. I could only notice some minor errors that didn't affect my experience.

I recommend the book to everyone. People who like to read about personal journeys would enjoy it the most. There were some violent scenes in the story. If this triggers you in any way, this is not for you.

Muskka
View: on Bookshelves
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Grandfather tried his best to get them out of Afghanistan. Muskka and the family must now be strong and run with the baton. Thanks for the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”