Review of Designed Illusions: Via Divine Power

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsChet Cherry
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Review of Designed Illusions: Via Divine Power

Post by MsChet Cherry »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Designed Illusions: Via Divine Power" by Patrick J. Ricchiuti - (DIVINE POWER}.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever experienced that your life is being controlled by a mystical power that influences what you do, say, or think? This is the story of Pasquale, a young boy whose life appears to be inscribed and conformed to fulfill the purpose of his existence.

In this book, Designed Illusions: Via Divine Power, Patrick J. Ricchiuti describes his life story from childhood to the present. He was born Pasquale in 1938 in a small town called Vasto, Italy, but remained in a coma until he turned 7. Remarkably, after he snapped out of his coma, he could already communicate in English and had the ability to understand things, even more than his peers. However, he lacked any normal senses, especially his senses of smell, touch, taste, and hearing. Almost everyone around him, including his parents, treats him with disdain because of this gift, or should I say, curse. Read the book to find out how his inability to feel, smell, taste, and hear affected his scripted life, as he is constantly swayed by illusions designed just for him.

This 110-page autobiography was released in April 2021. It was written in chronological order, following his growth, development, and experiences. I enjoyed the author's simplified writing style and his ability to capture the minds of the readers with unimaginable events that played out in his life. For instance, he had no need of a toilet and never used one for more than one year after his awakening. Similarly, he never felt discomfort, even when he walked barefooted on the snow. The story stirred different kinds of emotions within me while enriching me with valuable life lessons. One very important lesson I learned is that nothing happens by chance. Every occurrence has already been predetermined.

On the other hand, I noticed the story was not very sufficient at some point, making it sound vague and sketchy. For example, the author mentioned that his American-born little sister came to visit but failed to mention how she got there and back to the US. My assumption is that his constant relapse may have affected his memory. However, I expected sufficient research to be done before releasing the book. Secondly, I observed that the book was not professionally edited, as most of the pages were marred with errors, ranging from punctuation errors to misspellings, impeding the flow of the story.

These leave me no other choice than to rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. However, I recommend this book to those interested in mysteries and supernatural encounters. Anyone who fancies the concept of illusion may equally find it entertaining.

Designed Illusions: Via Divine Power
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

The book has à cover page that looks like it's a non fiction. I am surprised that this not and that the book ahas an interesting plot. I am looking forward to reading this book.
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Adeoluwa Adebusuyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeoluwa-adebusuyi.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Adeoluwa Adebusuyi »

This is a good and well written review. You captured all the important components of the book and I would definitely love to try out this book. Well done.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Ms Chet wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 15:56
He was born Pasquale in 1938 in a small town called Vasto, Italy, but remained in a coma until he turned 7. Remarkably, after he snapped out of his coma, he could already communicate in English and had the ability to understand things, even more than his peers.
It is so astonishing and miraculous when you think about it. No science can explain this. I am truly amazed and would love to read this book to learn more. Thank you for this lovely review.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Your review has convinced me that this book is a must-read. The perfect pacing, suspense buildup, and unpredictable plot twists that you mentioned sound like they would keep me on the edge of my seat. I'm glad to hear that the book's characters were well-developed. It's refreshing to read about characters who feel real and have relatable qualities.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Wow, this is captivating. I understand your reservations about the length of the book, but I believe a lengthy autobiography is not uncommon. However, your suggestion for a glossary is thoughtful and would have been helpful, especially for non-native speakers of the author's language. Good job.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

I enjoy reading books that are related to the supernatural. It really does give me the chills. It's a shame this one has so spelling errors in it. Great review by the way! 👍
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

I wonder what kept him comatose for so many years and how he could speak, understand and comprehend English so well. I am really curious to know!
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

This review is wonderfully written. I adore reading books with a spooky theme. It truly sends chills down my spine. It's unfortunate that this one has so many typos. Moreover, excellent review

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”